Cricket World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2)

+11
Haseeh
Fahad
Aqi
Saad
ND
Arjun
Deep Dey
DKN
Mad max
Sanjay
Parth
15 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2) - Page 12 Empty Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2)

Post by Deep Dey Sun 25 Nov 2012, 10:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Discuss here about SOUTH AFRICA TOUR OF AUSTRALIA, 2012/13
THE CRAZIEST SERIES OF THE YEAR
Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2) - Page 12 UnkMBVSThread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2) - Page 12 XPkAr

FIXTURES
DATETIMEFORMATMATCHVENUE
Friday
02-Nov-12
to
Sunday
04-Nov-12
10:30 local
23:30 GMT (Prev. Day)
05:00 IST
3- Day
Warm-Up
Match
Australia A
vs
South Aficans
Sydney Cricket Ground,
Sydney
Match Result
Australia A Won The Toss & Chose To Bat
Australia A 480/7d and 13/1d; South Africans 277/6d
Match drawn
DATETIMEFORMATMATCHVENUE
Friday
09-Nov-12
to
Tuesday
13-Nov-12
10:00 local
00:00 GMT
05:30 IST
1st TestAustralia
vs
South Africa
Brisbane Cricket Ground,
Woolloongabba, Brisbane
Match Result
South Africa Won The Toss & Chose To Bat
South Africa 450 and 166/5; Australia 565/5d
Match drawn
DATETIMEFORMATMATCHVENUE
Thursday
22-Nov-12
to
Monday
26-Nov-12
00:00 GMT
05:30 IST
2nd TestAustralia
vs
South Africa
Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
Match Result
Australia Won The Toss & Chose To Bat
Australia 550 and 267/8d; South Africa 388 and 248/8
Match drawn
DATETIMEFORMATMATCHVENUE
Friday
30-Nov-12
to
Monday
03-Dec-12
02:30 GMT
08:00 IST
3rd TestAustralia
vs
South Africa
Western Australia Cricket
Association Ground, Perth
Match Result
South Africa Won The Toss & Chose To Bat
South Africa 225 and 569; Australia 163 and 322
South Africa won by 309 runs

SQUADS
AUSTRALIA SQUAD
Australia A SquadAustralia Test Squad
(1st Test)
Australia Test Squad
(2nd Test)
Australia Test Squad
(3rd Test)
Phillip Hughes
Rob Quiney
Liam Davis
Alex Doolan
Andrew McDonald (Capt)
Tim Paine (WK)
Steven Smith
Moises Henriques
Glenn Maxwell
John Hastings
Nathan Coulter-Nile
David Warner
Ed Cowan
Shane Watson
Ricky Ponting
Michael Clarke (Capt)
Michael Hussey
Matthew Wade (WK)
Peter Siddle
James Pattinson
Ben Hilfenhaus
Mitchell Starc
Nathan Lyon
Rob Quiney
David Warner
Ed Cowan
Shane Watson
Ricky Ponting
Michael Clarke (Capt)
Michael Hussey
Matthew Wade (WK)
Peter Siddle
James Pattinson
Ben Hilfenhaus
Mitchell Starc
Nathan Lyon
Rob Quiney
David Warner
Ed Cowan
Shane Watson
Ricky Ponting
Michael Clarke (Capt)
Michael Hussey
Matthew Wade (WK)
Peter Siddle
Mitchell Johnson
Ben Hilfenhaus
Mitchell Starc
Nathan Lyon
Josh Hazelwood
John Hastings
SOUTH AFRICA SQUAD
South Africa Test Squad
Graeme Smith (Capt)
Hashim Amla
AB de Villiers (WK)
Dean Elgar
Faf du Plessis
Imran Tahir
Jacques Kallis
Rory Kleinveldt
Morne Morkel
Alviro Petersen
Robbie Peterson
Vernon Philander
Jacques Rudolph
Dale Steyn
Thami Tsolekile (WK)
Ryan Mclaren
Withdrawn Players
1.JP Duminy
(due to Heel Injury)
STATS OF ALL AUSTRALIA VS SOUTH AFRICA SERIES
CLICK HERE

Last edited by Throw Me Out on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 9:52 pm; edited 11 times in total
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2) - Page 12 Empty Re: Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2)

Post by Deep Dey Tue 04 Dec 2012, 6:53 pm

Šv wrote:
13.Ricky Ponting (32 runs at 6.40) - 3 out of 10

Deep ? Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2) - Page 12 1116103942
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2) - Page 12 3381238357 Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2) - Page 12 3381238357 Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2) - Page 12 3381238357 Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2) - Page 12 3381238357 Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2) - Page 12 3381238357 Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2) - Page 12 3381238357 Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2) - Page 12 3381238357 Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2) - Page 12 3381238357 Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2) - Page 12 3381238357 Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2) - Page 12 3381238357
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2) - Page 12 Empty Re: Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2)

Post by Deep Dey Tue 04 Dec 2012, 6:56 pm

Partnership stats for each team in the series

Wicket SA ave Run rate 100/ 50 stands Aus ave Run rate 100/ 50 stands
1st 40.33 3.33 1/ 0 35.2 3.89 0/ 1
2nd 67.33 3.86 1/1 14.8 2.94 0/ 0
3rd 61.33 3.1 1/2 14.4 3.13 0/ 0
4th 45 3.08 1/1
90 4.07 2/ 0
5th 22.5 1.53 0/ 1 114.2 4.9 2/1
6th 48.4 3.05 1/1
33 3.94 0/ 1
7th 17.2 2.42 0/ 1 23.75 3.16 0/ 1
8th to 10th 24.91 3.25 0/ 2 29.7 4.38 0/ 1
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Tue 04 Dec 2012, 7:31 pm

Craziest Things that Happened in the series:

1.Australia scoring 482 runs in a day and then went onto make 550 at a RR of 5+.

2.South Africa scoring 569 runs at a RR of 5+.

3.Ab de Villiers scoring 30 runs of 230 balls in 2nd inn of adelaide test.

4.Sa scoring 248 runs in 148 overs in 2nd inn of Adelaide Test.

5.Hashim Amla scoring 99 runs in a session
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Tue 04 Dec 2012, 7:33 pm

Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2) - Page 12 152326
Proteas celebrating under artificial lights in evening at WACA
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Tue 04 Dec 2012, 7:42 pm

Classic Insult to Australian Team:

Shane Warne, Australia’s greatest match-winner, has said he believes he is still good enough to play Test cricket and would do so if his country needed his services to bolter a flagging bowling attack.
The 43-year-old said he was "very happily" retired from international cricket, but admitted that if Michael Clarke, Australia’s Test captain, asked him to come out of retirement he would give it serious consideration

full report
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Tue 04 Dec 2012, 7:53 pm

Dale Steyn And Francois du Plessis are staying in Australia for this weekend as they will play one match in BBL starting on friday.

Steyn to turn out for Brisbane Heat on Sunday and du Plessis to represent Melbourne Renegades in the opening match on Friday.
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad max Wed 05 Dec 2012, 10:35 am

Throw Me Out wrote:Dale Steyn And Francois du Plessis are staying in Australia for this weekend as they will play one match in BBL starting on friday.

Steyn to turn out for Brisbane Heat on Sunday and du Plessis to represent Melbourne Renegades in the opening match on Friday.

hohoho Renegades Happy Happy

my fav team and Faf is in Renegades Happy Happy

Love to see binga back in action
Mad max
Mad max
Level 24
Level 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad max Wed 05 Dec 2012, 10:39 am

Sources:

Shane Warne thinking of Coming back for test return for ashes
Mad max
Mad max
Level 24
Level 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Wed 05 Dec 2012, 1:07 pm

Throw Me Out wrote:Classic Insult to Australian Team:

Shane Warne, Australia’s greatest match-winner, has said he believes he is still good enough to play Test cricket and would do so if his country needed his services to bolter a flagging bowling attack.
The 43-year-old said he was "very happily" retired from international cricket, but admitted that if Michael Clarke, Australia’s Test captain, asked him to come out of retirement he would give it serious consideration

full report

MadMax wrote:Sources:

Shane Warne thinking of Coming back for test return for ashes

ALREADY POSTED

YOU ARE LATE
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Wed 05 Dec 2012, 1:38 pm

MadMax wrote:
Throw Me Out wrote:Dale Steyn And Francois du Plessis are staying in Australia for this weekend as they will play one match in BBL starting on friday.

BREAKING NEWS:

DALE STEYN HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN FROM BBL AFTER CAPE COBRA REFUSED TO GIVE STEYN THE PERMISSION TO PLAY AND INSTEAD WILL RETURN HOME AND PLAY FOR Cobras in a domestic limited overs semi-final on the SUNDAY.

STEYN WAS SUPPOSED TO PLAY FOR BRISBANE HEAT AGAINST HOBART HURRICANES ON SUNDAY.

Having signed Steyn up for the one-off fixture six weeks ago and secured a no objection certificate from the South Africna board, the Heat are understandably angered by the loss of their big-name signing a mere four days before curtain-up at the Gabba.
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad max Wed 05 Dec 2012, 5:42 pm

Throw Me Out wrote:
MadMax wrote:

BREAKING NEWS:

DALE STEYN HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN FROM BBL AFTER CAPE COBRA REFUSED TO GIVE STEYN THE PERMISSION TO PLAY AND INSTEAD WILL RETURN HOME AND PLAY FOR Cobras in a domestic limited overs semi-final on the SUNDAY.

STEYN WAS SUPPOSED TO PLAY FOR BRISBANE HEAT AGAINST HOBART HURRICANES ON SUNDAY.

Having signed Steyn up for the one-off fixture six weeks ago and secured a no objection certificate from the South Africna board, the Heat are understandably angered by the loss of their big-name signing a mere four days before curtain-up at the Gabba.

lol
Pity for Brisbane heat

and Dasty for Titans

i hate it
Mad max
Mad max
Level 24
Level 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Wed 05 Dec 2012, 7:23 pm

Some Serious Stats from This Series

1.In Adelaide, where Nathan Lyon’s 3-49 off 50 overs was the first time a bowler has bowled more than 40 overs for less than one run per over since Chris Old took 4 for 41 off 41.4 against Pakistan at Headingley in 1978.

2.Lyon, by the way, was the first Australian to do so since Ken “Slasher” Mackay, against Pakistan in Dhaka, in 1959-60.

3.He also was the eighth bowler in Test history to bowl 50 overs for less than one per over, and the first since New Zealand’s Bryan Yuile against Pakistan in 1964-65.
Bowlers with 50 or more overs and Eco < 1

4.Lyon sent down 31 maidens ‒ the most in a Test innings since Dilip Doshi joined the dots 31 times against England in Chennai in 1981-82.
Most Maidens in an Innings by a Bowler

5. Ab de Villiers 169 was also the second 150-plus score by a South African wicketkeeper, following Denis Lindsay’s 182 v Australia in 1966-67.
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Wed 05 Dec 2012, 7:27 pm

Some Serious Stats from this series:

5.Robin Peterson's Match Figures of 6 for 171 off 28.1 overs makes him the first South African spinner to take six wickets in a match for 20 Test matches over two and a half years and only the third South African spinner in the last 100 years to take six wickets in a Test in Australia, after Hugh Tayfield (twice in 1952-53) and Claude Henderson, 11 years ago.

6.Peterson went for 6.07 per over in the match, the highest runs per over ever conceded by a bowler who has taken six wickets or more in a Test, and, more remarkably, the fourth most expensive of the 9875 match analyses by bowlers who have taken three or more wickets in a Test.

7.But Peterson’s match strike rate, much more important in the context of the game, was a wicket every 28 balls ‒ the best by a South African spinner who has taken five or more wickets in a Test against a major Test nation since 1935 and the fourth best by any spinner in an away Test in Australia since the First World War, behind immortal spin legends Bhagwat Chandrasekhar, Hedley Verity and Upul Chandana.

Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Wed 05 Dec 2012, 7:35 pm

8.In Adelaide, Faf du Plessis and AB de Villiers’ partnership of 89 off 408 balls was the slowest recorded partnership of more than 250 balls in Test history, considerably slower than the previous record, Herschelle Gibbs’ and Neil McKenzie’s 1.46-per-over drudge-grind against West Indies in 2001.
Slowest Partnership of more than 250 balls

9.Faf du Plessis faced 535 balls on his debut, the second most in debuts where balls faced have been recorded, behind Sri Lankan non-legend Brendon Kuruppu (201 off 548).
Most Balls Faced on debut

10.Du Plessis was the first South African, and 15th player overall, to score a century and a half-century (or two centuries) on debut and then became the first player ever to pass 70 in both innings of his debut and in the first innings of his second Test.

11.Smith Amla's 178-run stand (Perth) at 6.98 per over was the third fastest 150-plus stand recorded in Tests.

12.South Africa’s 569 off 111 was the fastest second-innings score of 350 or more ever scored, and the first time a team has scored anything over 350 in its second innings at more than five runs per over.
Fastest 350+ scores in 2nd innings of test

13.Three Australian bowlers went for more than five per over from more than 15 overs – only the fifth time that has happened to three bowlers in the same innings, and the first that hasn’t been either Bangladesh (three times) or Zimbabwe (once, also in Perth, when Hayden scored his 380).

Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Thu 06 Dec 2012, 6:54 pm

Thread for Craziest Series of the YEAR (AUS VS SA) (2) - Page 12 487034_445109338872130_6801895_n
Steve Waugh, Arthur Morris and Neil Harvey

Note: Arthur Morris and Neil Harvey are the only 2 cricketers who is alive from Bradman's Invincible Team of 1948 tour.

Arthur Morris has described Ricky Ponting's farewell as one of the most emotional things he's seen on a cricket field since watching the great Don Bradman's final innings in 1948.

The touching tribute from fans at the WACA and opponents South Africa in the Third Test has been compared to the legendary standing ovation and three cheers Don Bradman received ahead of his final time at the crease.

While Neil Harvey believes a number of batsmen, including Greg Chappell and Steve Waugh, were equally as good as Ponting, Morris told The Daily Telegraph the retired 37-year-old Tasmanian was "one of our great players after Bradman".

Morris was at the non-striker's end when Bradman was bowled for a duck by Eric Hollies in the fifth Ashes Test at the Oval in 1948, needing just four runs to finish with a career Test average of 100.

On Monday, he watched Ponting's farewell sitting on the edge of a lounge recliner at his home in the Tarragal Glen Retirement Village on the NSW Central Coast.

He believes it is fair to compare the famous ends of the careers of Bradman and Ponting.

Bradman may not have had the honour guard organised by South African skipper Graeme Smith that Ponting had, but his journey to the crease at The Oval remains one of the most celebrated events in cricket history.

"It was very similar to Bradman. It was the same in that it was a really marvellous show of appreciation for a great player," Morris said.

"It was very emotional and it was good to see from the crowd and South Africans. It was a nice gesture.

"I was so pleased that he got such a reception like that. It's not an easy thing to do to retire. To give it all away. It's a sad moment when a career comes to an end, especially one like that. It was really pleasing that he was so accepted by the crowd and by the South Africans."

The biggest difference was the dead silence from the stunned English crowd which followed Bradman's dismissal - widely described as the most famous dismissal in cricket history.

"The crowd cheered for him, but there was only dead silence when Bradman was bowled," Morris said.
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Thu 06 Dec 2012, 7:27 pm

Shane Warne has clarified his comments regarding a Test comeback, declaring that he is "not even considering" such a move in the lead-up to next year's Ashes. Earlier this week, Warne said he had been frustrated with the way Australia's bowlers had let down their captain Michael Clarke during the loss to South Africa in Perth, and if Clarke asked him to make a comeback he was confident he would be able to play to Test standard.

Warne said "I spoke to Pup on a few different matters. That's all been pretty cleared up about all that sort of stuff," Warne said. "I'm not asking Michael Clarke. My quotes were all about if you ask me could I do it, I have no doubt that I could. But it's a big commitment. There's grade cricket, there's state cricket, you have to go through that process and hopefully get selected.

"For me it's nothing that I'm even considering. I'm bowling as good as I possibly have for the last five or six years. At this stage right now if you ask me do I want to make a comeback? No. I'm concentrating on the Big Bash."
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Thu 06 Dec 2012, 10:32 pm

Viv Richards has hailed Ricky Ponting's brashness and "show-no-fear" attitude as among his greatest traits.

"Certainly he's up there with the very best," Richards said. "What I love about him more than anything else, you look at the way he walks out to the crease. He always has presence. There is a tenaciousness about him. He walks out and believes. He's not going to be intimidated by no one. I would like guys like that. I appreciate seeing guys who come out and have a particular presence."

"A young batter who wants to make it, you cannot feel like you have one foot in and one foot out," Richards said. "You've got to make that crease your house. Ricky always made the crease his house. I've always been in his corner as a player because of that brashness, he's an in-your-face sort of guy. Show no fear. Batsmen sometimes can be intimidated by a guy from how far he runs up, but you just put that at the back of your mind and bat with what you have. Ricky, to me, certainly did that."
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:08 pm

SERIES ENDED

SA HAPPY, ALL HAPPY

TIME TO SHIFT THE THREAD AND LOCK IT AND DELETE THE FORUM Boss
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12