Cricket World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very Very Special Laxman Announces Retirement Officially

+9
Haseeh
ND
Vighnesh
Sri Ganesh SG
Rishabh
DKN
Deep Dey
Anurag
Sanjay
13 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Very Very Special Laxman Announces Retirement Officially - Page 6 Empty Very Very Special Laxman Announces Retirement Officially

Post by Sanjay Fri 17 Aug 2012, 6:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Very Very Special Laxman Announces Retirement Officially - Page 6 140987.2

VVS Laxman has announced his retirement from international cricket with immediate effect, ahead of the home Test series against New Zealand starting August 23 in his hometown Hyderabad. Laxman, 37, has had a glittering career since his debut in 1996 but his recent Test form had raised question marks over his continuance in the side.

"I have decided to retire from international cricket with immediate effect," Laxman said at a press conference in Hyderabad.

Laxman made his debut against South Africa in the home series in 1996 but shot to the limelight with a knock of 167 against Australia in Sydney in 2000. Perhaps his greatest achievement was his 281 at Eden Gardens in Kolkata in 2001, against Australia, then the highest score by an Indian batsman in Tests. Part of a record stand with Rahul Dravid, it set up a stunning victory for the home team after following on and ended Australia's consecutive 16-match winning streak.

Laxman last played an ODI in 2006 but had, by then, become a regular in the Test side and played his 100th Test in 2008, against Australia in Nagpur. Laxman made six of his 17 Test centuries against Australia, with an average of 49.67 in 29 Tests and success both home and away.

His performances in the eight Tests during India's disastrous tours of England and Australia in 2011 were disappointing. He averaged 22.75 in England and 19.38 in Australia, prompting some to call for him being dropped from the side with a long-term view of grooming a youngster to take his place.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Level 31
Level 31

Senior Moderator

Back to top Go down

Very Very Special Laxman Announces Retirement Officially - Page 6 Empty Re: Very Very Special Laxman Announces Retirement Officially

Post by Sanjay Mon 20 Aug 2012, 2:46 pm

3D wrote:
I am an Indian wrote:
3D wrote:
I am an Indian wrote:
NICK wrote:
I am an Indian wrote:
NICK wrote:Busy in shoping ,SANJAY,Srikanth & selectorz the main reasn 4 vvs retirment
Me???
Yeah u Tongue out i saw ur anti comentz in fb aganst vvs

wen did i say :bitch:

is there only one sanjay in the universe???

nick is talking about sanjay manjrekar

yes...i saw..
But he told i ws making anticomments against VVS in FB

Very Very Special Laxman Announces Retirement Officially - Page 6 Icon_razz, he also mentioned this smilie

oh yes Happy
Sanjay
Sanjay
Level 31
Level 31

Senior Moderator

Back to top Go down

Very Very Special Laxman Announces Retirement Officially - Page 6 Empty Re: Very Very Special Laxman Announces Retirement Officially

Post by Sri Ganesh SG Mon 20 Aug 2012, 3:21 pm

VVS Was Forced to do so Sad Sad
Sri Ganesh SG
Sri Ganesh SG
Level 20
Level 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanjay Mon 20 Aug 2012, 3:38 pm

Dhoni sucks of course
Sanjay
Sanjay
Level 31
Level 31

Senior Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6