Cricket World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master and Dilshan Announces Retirement

+2
Parth
Deep Dey
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Master and Dilshan Announces Retirement Empty Master and Dilshan Announces Retirement

Post by Deep Dey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:25 pm

Sachin Tendulkar To retire from all forms of cricket after playing his 200th test vs Windies in November

Tillakaratne Dilshan tooooooo retires from Test cricket but will play ODI and T20I

Last edited by Deep Dey on Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Master and Dilshan Announces Retirement Empty Re: Master and Dilshan Announces Retirement

Post by Deep Dey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:26 pm

Reactions of People
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Master and Dilshan Announces Retirement Empty Re: Master and Dilshan Announces Retirement

Post by Deep Dey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:27 pm

"It is hard to imagine any player in the history of the game who combines classical technique with raw aggression like the little champion does. There is not a single shot he cannot play."
Sunil Gavaskar, former India captain

"Sachin was easily the best player over the last 20 years & will be remembered as one of the all time greats!"
Shane Warne, former Australia legspinner via Twitter

"At the age of 14, all he knew was batting and he would bat all day; the coach would actually have to pull him out of the nets. I think that's the reason he has been successful. It's not just the talent he was born with but what he did with it."
Sourav Ganguly , former India captain, told NDTV
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:35 pm

"In 1989, I was lucky to be his first captain and it was amazing that this 16-year-old boy making his debut was playing so calmly. The way he played fast bowling in the first tour to Australia was also another amazing thing. Sachin is still the same person I saw in 1989. That's his greatness not just as a cricketer but as a human being."
Kris Srikkanth, Tendulkar's first India captain, NDTV

"I think Tendulkar has been the ideal role model in Indian cricket and that is why we are now seeing a new generation of quality batsmen from India."
Javed Miandad, former Pakistan captain

"When I made my debut, I got out early in the first innings for 4. On the same evening, he [Tendulkar] came to me and said, 'don't worry, the ball kept a little low. Even if I was batting, I might have got out to that ball.' He told me your time will come, you are scoring well at the domestic level, you need not worry. I was a little worried and surprised - he was batting 150-plus and Vijay was 100-plus. I thought my batting would not come again in the Test match. I had only one opportunity to score and I got out. But when he came and told me, and ultimately I got a chance to bat in the second innings, I went on to score 72. When a player like him comes and tells you - I was making my debut and I was a youngster. I am very much thankful to him for providing all the guidance throughout my career."
Cheteshwar Pujara, India batsman
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:36 pm

"We should remember his playing career as something that always gave us joy and made us proud."
Mohammad Azharuddin, former India captain

"Privileged to have seen a child prodigy go on to become a true legend of the game from very close quarters. All the best Sachin."
Sanjay Manjrekar, former India and Mumbai team-mate, via Twitter

"I think it's a bad day for Indian cricket, world cricket as well."
Muttiah Muralitharan, former Sri Lanka offspinner

"It's always difficult to comprehend how someone like Sachin lives his life. He has always managed his career well , managed to perform under an extreme amount of pressure and never had any scandals, which is a credit on him and his family."
Graeme Smith, South Africa Test captain

"Great player & a brilliant human being. Thanks for the memories, Paaji. Privileged to have shared the dressing room with you."
Aakash Chopra, former India opener

"Salutes to Sachin paaji. I think India jersey number 10 should retire as well and preserved forever. Thanks Paaji"
Gautam Gambhir, India batsman, via Twitter
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:38 pm

"The sight of the straight lines of the bat on its downswing; the power of the back foot punch; thanks for the memories Sachin. Glad you came."
Ian Bishop, former West Indies fast bowler, via Twitter

"Sachin Tendukar to retire after his 200th test match v windies in Mumbai;Best batsman I bowled to at his peak no weakness #LittleMaster."
Damien Fleming, former Australia fast bowler, via Twitter

"A great player but struggled against part time Off spin @sachin_rt !!!!!! #BornToPlayCricket."
Michael Vaughan, former England captain, via Twitter

"I have been an ardent follower and admirer of Sachin Tendulkar from the days he came to play Buchi Babu in Chennai. No one has served Indian cricket as Sachin has. We respect his decision to retire although many of us can't imagine an Indian team without Sachin."
N Srinivasan, BCCI president
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:39 pm

"He had so much time to play the ball, to pick the line and length. I saw Bradman play in 1948 and he is the nearest player I have seen to Bradman and would always be in my side as the No.4. I cannot pay a higher compliment than that."
Dickie Bird, former Test umpire, told CNN-IBN

"Sachin #10dulkar - Undisputed Champion of Cricket! #SachinTheGreat."
Kevin Pietersen, via Twitter

"My mind goes back to New Year's Eve December 31 1987 when I first heard Sunil Gavaskar tell me there's a 14 year old in Mumbai who's going to be the future of Indian batting. I kept watching out for that boy, I followed his Ranji debut. The greatest Indian to ever wield the cricket bat."
Shashi Tharoor, author and minister in the Indian government, told NDTV
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:42 pm

THE MOST NEGLECTED AND IGNORANT FACT OF THE ENTIRE DECADE!!!!

RAMAKANT ACHREKAR
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:49 pm

Dilshan will continue to play in the shorter formats for his country, however. "I will discuss my future with the national selectors and if they need me I will play till the 2015 World Cup," Dilshan said.
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:50 pm

Tillakaratne Dilshan said his decision to open the innings in Test cricket was the most important in his 14-year career, as he retired from Tests on Thursday.

"The 3-4 years I opened for my country I played with a lot of pride because I was able to give my team a lot of opportunities to win matches," he said. "In the middle order, sometimes, by the time I came to bat there were hardly any partners for me and I couldn't contribute much. I proved how much my team and I benefited from the move to open."
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 11:00 pm

Stats of Dilshan
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 11:05 pm

Dilshan is the sixth-highest run-scorer for Sri Lanka in Tests. He hit 16 hundreds in his career, which is the joint fourth-highest among Sri Lanka batsmen. He is the only player in Test history to score 300-plus runs and take four wickets in a single Test match. His best year in Test cricket in terms of numbers was 2009 - that year, he became only the third Sri Lanka batsman after Aravinda de Silva and Mahela Jayawardene to score five or more hundreds in a calendar year.

Dilshan averaged 42.54 as an opener in Tests, second-highest among Sri Lanka openers with a minimum of 1500 runs. Arguably, the most striking feature of Dilshan's batting in Tests was the pace at which he scored runs. On quite a few occasions, and not unlike Virender Sehwag - whom Dilshan was often compared with since he started opening for Sri Lanka - he got his team off to brisk starts. Dilshan is even ahead of his compatriot Sanath Jayasuriya - known for his free-scoring ways - in terms of strike rate while opening in Tests, though he opened in fewer innings.
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 11:05 pm

Tillakaratne Dilshan's worth as a Test batsman is not apparent in his overall Test record. He scored 5492 runs from 145 innings at an average of 40.98, not figures that rank among the great batsmen of the modern era. But few have adapted their game to the requirements of their team as he has: of the 11 batsmen in Tests to have scored 2000 or more runs at No. 6, he is the only one to have also scored 2000-plus runs opening the batting. This, despite a batting technique that wasn't best suited for opening in Tests.
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 11:06 pm

Dilshan averaged 34.52 from 47 innings playing outside Asia, a sharp decrease of almost ten runs when compared to his average of 44.14 when playing in the subcontinent.

The one country outside the subcontinent where Dilshan earned his bragging rights was England. He averaged 49.77 from nine innings in England - the highest among Sri Lanka batsmen with a minimum of 400 runs in the UK. This included an innings of 193 at Lord's as captain, his highest Test score. He is one of the only six captains from the subcontinent to hit a century at Lord's and only the second Sri Lankan captain to do so after Mahela Jayawardene.
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 11:06 pm

Like most batsmen from the subcontinent, Dilshan was more comfortable facing up to spinners than to fast bowlers. Against spinners he averaged 54.95 as opposed to 39.22 against fast bowlers in Tests since 2002. His attacking style of play against spinners gave them enough chances too, largely the reason why most of the leading wicket-takers against Dilshan in Tests are all spinners; but he managed to take these bowlers for runs too. Only Shane Warne and to some extent Danish Kaneria had some success bowling against Dilshan.

His stint as Sri Lanka captain mirrors his Test career - significant contributions hidden under otherwise seemingly ordinary numbers. Dilshan captained Sri Lanka in 11 Tests and the only match he won as captain was probably their most important win overseas, against South Africa at Durban, one of only four to have come outside Asia and Zimbabwe.
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 11:25 pm

24 years - Span of Sachin Tendulkar's illustrious Test career. He will retire with the fifth longest career ever. If the second Test against West Indies goes into the fifth day, he would have played Test cricket for a span of 24 years and 3 days.
34,273 - Runs scored by Tendulkar in internationals, the most anyone has scored. This includes 15,837 runs in Tests, the most any batsman has scored, and 18,426 runs in ODIs, another record.
50,024 - Runs in first-class, List A and Twenty20 matches, put together. Tendulkar is the 16th batsman to aggregate 50,000 or more career runs.
13,408 - Runs Tendulkar scored in Tests batting at No. 4. He has scored 4502 runs more than the next batsman on that list, Jacques Kallis. He has also scored 44 of his 51 Test centuries at that position, which is ten more than what Kallis has at No. 4.
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 11:26 pm

100 - Centuries in international cricket by Sachin Tendulkar, 29 more than the next batsman on the list. Tendulkar has hit 263 fifty-plus scores, again, the most by any batsman.
2541 - Runs scored by Tendulkar in 1998. The first of only six batsmen to score 2500 runs or more in a year. Tendulkar is one of only two batsmen to score 2000 or more international runs in a year five times. Kumar Sangakkara is the other.
20 - Hundreds Tendulkar scored against Australia, the most any batsman has scored against a team. He has hit ten or more centuries against three teams - Australia, Sri Lanka and South Africa - one of the only two batsmen to achieve this feat, along with Ricky Ponting. Tendulkar has hit 11 centuries against Australia in Tests, the fourth highest for a batsman against a team.
12 - Centuries by Tendulkar in 1998, the most any batsman has scored in a single year. His seven Test centuries in 2010 is the joint-second highest for a batsman in Tests.
28 - Scores in the nineties by Tendulkar, double the number for the next batsman on the list.
4 - Hundreds in consecutive Tests by Tendulkar, one of 14 batsmen to do it.
6 - Number of times Tendulkar hit 1000 runs or more in a calendar year in Tests, the most by any batsman. (Click here for a list of batsmen to hit 1000 runs or more in a year.) He also holds the record for scoring the most ODI runs in a year - he scored 1894 ODI runs in 1998. Tendulkar scored 1000 or more runs in ODIs in a year seven times, a record.
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Fri 11 Oct 2013, 11:26 pm

76 - Number of Man-of-the-Match awards won by Tendulkar in his career, the most by any player. He won 14 awards in Tests and 62 in ODIs. His 62 awards is a record in ODIs.
2044+ - Fours hit in Tests by Tendulkar, the most any batsman.
17 years, 107days - The age at which Tendulkar scored his first Test century, against England at Old Trafford. At that time he was the second youngest to hit a century after Pakistan's Mushtaq Mohammad. Now, he's the third on the list after Mohammad Ashraful of Bangladesh and Mohammad.
10 - Fifties in consecutive Tests by Tendulkar, one of only five batsman to hit fifties in ten or more consecutive Tests.
12,400 - Partnership runs added by Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly in international cricket, the most by any pair. Tendulkar has added 6920 Test runs with Rahul Dravid, which is the most by any pair in Tests.
38 - Century partnerships Tendulkar has put on with Ganguly, the most by any pair. The next pair on that list is Tendulkar and Dravid, with 31 centuries. Tendulkar and Dravid have added 20 century partnerships in Tests, which is the most by any pair.
7 - Number of Test teams against whom Tendulkar has scored 1000 or more runs. He is one of only two batsmen, the other being Dravid, to achieve this feat.
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Parth Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:41 am

Deepppppp........ only your posting is not enough

try to get others too
Parth
Parth
Level 26
Level 26

Administrator
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanjay Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:43 am

uv dedicated his innings to master
Sanjay
Sanjay
Level 31
Level 31

Senior Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Parth Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:44 am

Sanjay wrote:uv dedicated his innings to master
Great Innings it was
Parth
Parth
Level 26
Level 26

Administrator
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanjay Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:48 am

without any doubt Emo
Sanjay
Sanjay
Level 31
Level 31

Senior Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Parth Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:51 am

Master and Dilshan Announces Retirement Yuvraj-Singh

Emo
Parth
Parth
Level 26
Level 26

Administrator
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by DeVanG Sat 12 Oct 2013, 11:59 am

i hate u deep u took the highest post getter position frm me Sad
DeVanG
DeVanG
Level 14
Level 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Sat 12 Oct 2013, 2:01 pm

Parth wrote:Deepppppp........ only your posting is not enough

try to get others too
ab kya sabko fax karke invitation bheju:tlol: 
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum