Cricket World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Cricket Arena | Discussion Thread |

+16
Saad Rizwan
Tukaram Parabat
Parth
Raminder
Arjun
Gursheen
ND
Johny S Raj
Saad
Fahad
Nishchal
Sanjay
Akash Dharmaraja
Aqi
Haseeh
Pradyumna Rex
20 posters

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next

Go down

International Cricket Arena | Discussion Thread | - Page 3 Empty International Cricket Arena | Discussion Thread |

Post by Pradyumna Rex Tue 21 Mar 2017, 5:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Get latest Updates on Cricket here (y)

Last edited by MS Dhoni on Mon 12 Jun 2017, 2:54 pm; edited 6 times in total
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

International Cricket Arena | Discussion Thread | - Page 3 Empty Re: International Cricket Arena | Discussion Thread |

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 1:03 am

Indian Premier League is a platform for players where they show their art and in return for that get a lot more money.

Money in such an amount that players of West Indies count days to begin this tournament. A batsman wants to hit every ball for a six. In just 20 overs of the game, a batman wants to century, the crowd sitting in the stadium and in front of TV also wants the same. In such a situation what happens to a bowler. A bowler either goes for runs only or get a wicket. Taking a wicket is not an easy job, sorry I can't write the word "easy", taking a wicket is a very difficult job when a batsman has the bat like a hammer and the batting like flat pitch. Still, credit goes to the bowlers, who take a wicket and so brilliantly that they take hat-trick too. There are 14 bowlers who have taken a hat-trick. One thing you need to remember that Amit Mishra three times hat-trick. Salute to Amit Mishra!

But we have players like giants too. Chris Gayle. we can't say him a human but he is a super-human. When we talk about super-humans we have AB de Villiers, Virat Kohli, Brandon MacCallum, Glenn Maxwell and more.

Gayle has scored 175 not out which would be the highest score of many players of their Cricket career. Gayle has 5 and Kohli has 4 IPL centuries. These kinds of batsmen make IPL a planet game.

But, there are only two players who have done both, taken a hat-trick and hit a century. The interesting thing about these players is this, one of them is an Indian. This player is none other than "HITMAN OF CRICKET" Rohit Sharma.

Mr Hitman has taken the hat-trick in 2009 when he was the part of Deccan Chargers, which remained the Champion the same year. While playing for Mumbai Indians he scored 109* against Kolkata Knight Riders in 2012.
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

International Cricket Arena | Discussion Thread | - Page 3 Empty Re: International Cricket Arena | Discussion Thread |

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 1:08 am

RCB team management has announced that South African batsman AB de Villiers will captain the team in upcoming IPL 10 in Kohli’s absence.

We have seen that South African hitter captained the team in the absence of Kohli previously.

Recently Virat has sustained a shoulder injury and it was announced that he will miss some intial matches for RCB in IPL 10.

"He (Kohli) will come in on April 2. Between now and then, the BCCI doctors and physio will speak to us and our medical staff will get a clearer picture. Right now, we don't have a clear picture on his availability. We will know in the next few days," Vetorri told reporters in Bengaluru.
"It's still a few weeks to go before I can be 100% on the field," Kohli said at the end of the Dharamsala Test. "But these things happen in your career. Got to take it in my strike and move forward".

RCB will get the tenth edition of IPL underway on April 5 against defending champions Hyderabad on April 5, 2017 in Hyderabad.
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 1:09 am

Australian cricket has set a new attendance record, attracting more than 1.8m Australians to elite cricket in season 2016-17. The summer also saw strong TV ratings and record digital engagement. A total of 1,863,846 people attended international cricket, the KFC Big Bash League (BBL), and the Rebel Women s Big Bash League (WBBL), making 2016-17 the most highly attended Australian cricket season on record, surpassing the previous peak of 1,727,270 set in 2016. Cricket Australia introduced a number of fan-focused innovations to international cricket, including two day-night Test matches and the incredibly popular Pool Deck @ The Gabba, along with Field of Flavours at several matches offering a range of multicultural food options.
784,332 fans attended the two Commonwealth Bank Test Series, against South Africa and Pakistan, the Victoria Bitter One Day International Series against New Zealand and Pakistan, the Commonwealth Bank Southern Stars series against South Africa, and the KFC T20 International Series against Sri Lanka, which was played as double headers with the Commonwealth Bank Southern Stars series against New Zealand. Highlights included the 125,993 people who attended the Commonwealth Bank Day-Night Test between Australia and South Africa at Adelaide Oval, surpassing the record set last year, and the crowd of 78,095 that witnessed the Commonwealth Bank Day-Night Test between Australia and Pakistan at the Gabba, a record for non-Ashes attendance at a Brisbane Test.
The record attendance figures were backed up by strong TV ratings across the summer. An average of 1.05 million watched the Test, One Day International, and T20INTL matches broadcast on the Nine Network, with a peak audience of 2.189 million during Session 3 on Day 4 of the Commonwealth Bank Test against South Africa in Adelaide. The second season of the Rebel Women s Big Bash League was another great success, with more than 121,000 fans heading along to matches throughout the season. An increased number of matches televised by Network Ten 12, up from 10 in WBBL|01 was well received, with an average of 239,000 people tuning in per match, while Cricket Australia s live streaming of all non-televised matches on the cricket.com.au website, Facebook and CA Live App was enjoyed by an impressive 1.5 million fans around the country, while match highlights from WBBL|02 reached more than 7.3 million fans.
The KFC Big Bash League continued its incredible growth in popularity in its sixth season, with 1,053,999 fans around the country flocking to matches at an average of 30,114 people per match, an 8% increase on last year and making it the fifth biggest league in terms of average attendance in the world. 20 of the 35 matches in the season were sold out, with the Sydney Thunder, Brisbane Heat, Adelaide Strikers, Hobart Hurricanes, Sydney Sixers, and Perth Scorchers all recording capacity crowds, while the derby between the Melbourne Stars and Melbourne Renegades at the MCG on 1 January drew a crowd of 71,162, the largest attendance of BBL|06. Memberships for BBL clubs also grew considerably this season, with the 48,750 people now club members representing a 29% increase year on year.
The BBL remained a consistently popular TV offering, with an average of more than one million people tuning into every match. The TV ratings for the BBL saw it win 31 of 35 nights and cement itself as the number one ranked TV program for families over the summer. Cricket Australia s digital properties also had a phenomenal year, with our Cricket Network the top-ranked sports destination in the country between November and January thanks to an average unique audience of 2.46 million, peaking at 2.78 million in January*.
Across all platforms, CA Digital s Cricket Network attracted more than 135 million video views between November and January and live streamed more than 200 days of cricket in addition to coverage on Nine and Ten. This included live streams of the WBBL, the Australia A series
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 1:12 am

Steve Smith and MS Dhoni

MS Dhoni was replaced by Steve Smith as skipper of the Rising Pune Supergiant for the 10th edition of the Indian Premier League.
Steve Smith on Thursday said there is no bad blood between him and MS Dhoni, who was replaced by the Australian as skipper of the Rising Pune Supergiant for the 10th edition of the Indian Premier League.
"There are no issues between MS Dhoni and me. We have shared some messages, MS is very supportive and it doesn't change my professional relationship with him or anyone else," Smith said.
The prolific batsman was in the capital along with India's Ajinkya Rahane and the season's biggest signing, Ben Stokes, to unveil the Pune Supergiant's jersey for IPL 2017 and 'formally welcome Stokes into the RPS family'.
The change in captaincy appeared to have been prompted by Pune's ordinary outing last year when they finished seventh in the points table after winning just five of their 14 matches. Also present on the occasion was Sanjiv Goenka, chairman, RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group.
Looking ahead to the IPL after a gruelling Test series, Smith said, "It will be great to have so many great leaders from different countries, it's a big plus and not a hindrance."
But he would not like to clutter his mind with too many ideas. "I have plenty of guys to talk to, but I will not seek too many opinions. Seeking too many opinions can cloud your own judgement. I want to try and stay as clear as possible. But yes, if someone sees something and feels the need to point it out to me, they are more than welcome," Smith said.
When asked to speak on Dhoni's removal from captaincy and if that would be a deterrent, Goenka sought to clear the air.
"MS is joining us on April 3 in Pune. The team has been in constant touch with him and it is very amicable. A lot has been discussed about captaincy but I can say that Mahi has got one of the sharpest brains. I have worked with him before and I am his biggest fan. There is complete togetherness, complete unity in the team. I see a very good bonhomie."
On Dhoni, Rahane said, "Whether he is captain or not a player like Dhoni bhai is always inspiration and we get to learn a lot."
Asked about the reason behind appointing Smith as skipper, team owner Goenka said, "When you appoint a captain you do with full trust and confidence. I have admired the way Steve has led Australia over the last few months."
Elaborating on his new role in the team, Stokes said, "I am glad to be roped in by Pune team at the auction. I am hopeful to live up to the high expectation from fans in Pune as well as India. Playing for Rising Pune Supergiant is definitely going to be a high point of my career.
"This is a chance which I will work towards my team's advantage with stalwarts like MS Dhoni, Faf du Plessis, Ravichandran Ashwin and Steve Smith, to learn and enjoy the games at the same time."
Rahane and the rest felt the team is well balanced this time around.
"I am quite in sync with the team structure as this will be my second year with Rising Pune Supergiant. Our team is well balanced with a good mix of talent from both national and international players.
"Ben Stokes is one of the most talented all-rounders in the world and we hope to get good support from him. Imran Tahir's inclusion is definitely going to strengthen our bowling department and will lend variety to the team." On leading the side, Smith exuded exuberance.
"I am looking forward to my new responsibility with much integrity and fervour. My experience of playing in India has been wonderful so far. This year we also have a new member Ben Stokes with us who will balance experience and skill in right dose.
"High and orderly performance with good bowling, fielding and batting will be the benchmark for judging the team. We hope to make Pune proud with good cricket."
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 1:13 am

Steve Smith and MS Dhoni

MS Dhoni was replaced by Steve Smith as skipper of the Rising Pune Supergiant for the 10th edition of the Indian Premier League.
Steve Smith on Thursday said there is no bad blood between him and MS Dhoni, who was replaced by the Australian as skipper of the Rising Pune Supergiant for the 10th edition of the Indian Premier League.
"There are no issues between MS Dhoni and me. We have shared some messages, MS is very supportive and it doesn't change my professional relationship with him or anyone else," Smith said.
The prolific batsman was in the capital along with India's Ajinkya Rahane and the season's biggest signing, Ben Stokes, to unveil the Pune Supergiant's jersey for IPL 2017 and 'formally welcome Stokes into the RPS family'.
The change in captaincy appeared to have been prompted by Pune's ordinary outing last year when they finished seventh in the points table after winning just five of their 14 matches. Also present on the occasion was Sanjiv Goenka, chairman, RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group.
Looking ahead to the IPL after a gruelling Test series, Smith said, "It will be great to have so many great leaders from different countries, it's a big plus and not a hindrance."
But he would not like to clutter his mind with too many ideas. "I have plenty of guys to talk to, but I will not seek too many opinions. Seeking too many opinions can cloud your own judgement. I want to try and stay as clear as possible. But yes, if someone sees something and feels the need to point it out to me, they are more than welcome," Smith said.
When asked to speak on Dhoni's removal from captaincy and if that would be a deterrent, Goenka sought to clear the air.
"MS is joining us on April 3 in Pune. The team has been in constant touch with him and it is very amicable. A lot has been discussed about captaincy but I can say that Mahi has got one of the sharpest brains. I have worked with him before and I am his biggest fan. There is complete togetherness, complete unity in the team. I see a very good bonhomie."
On Dhoni, Rahane said, "Whether he is captain or not a player like Dhoni bhai is always inspiration and we get to learn a lot."
Asked about the reason behind appointing Smith as skipper, team owner Goenka said, "When you appoint a captain you do with full trust and confidence. I have admired the way Steve has led Australia over the last few months."
Elaborating on his new role in the team, Stokes said, "I am glad to be roped in by Pune team at the auction. I am hopeful to live up to the high expectation from fans in Pune as well as India. Playing for Rising Pune Supergiant is definitely going to be a high point of my career.
"This is a chance which I will work towards my team's advantage with stalwarts like MS Dhoni, Faf du Plessis, Ravichandran Ashwin and Steve Smith, to learn and enjoy the games at the same time."
"I am quite in sync with the team structure as this will be my second year with Rising Pune Supergiant. Our team is well balanced with a good mix of talent from both national and international players.
"Ben Stokes is one of the most talented all-rounders in the world and we hope to get good support from him. Imran Tahir's inclusion is definitely going to strengthen our bowling department and will lend variety to the team." On leading the side, Smith exuded exuberance.
"I am looking forward to my new responsibility with much integrity and fervour. My experience of playing in India has been wonderful so far. This year we also have a new member Ben Stokes with us who will balance experience and skill in right dose.
"High and orderly performance with good bowling, fielding and batting will be the benchmark for judging the team. We hope to make Pune proud with good cricket."
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 1:13 am

Steve Smith and MS Dhoni

Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 1:14 am

Jadadeesan was a star in Tamil Nadu’s T20 tournament, TNPL
What’s the story?

With wicketkeeper-batsman KL Rahul ruled out of the 2017 IPL due to a shoulder injury, the Royal Challengers Bangalore management is looking for a replacement for the Indian international. It has been revealed that Tamil Nadu’s wicketkeeper-batsman N Jagadeesan has been already called for a trial by the franchise.
Jagadeesan confirmed the development in an exclusive chat to Sportskeeda and revealed the details of the trial: “I got a call from RCB to give a trial on April 2nd, but I have no idea on how many players will take part in the trial. It would be great if I could make it to the squad, but at the moment, I have no expectations going into the trials,” said the Tamil Nadu batsman.
In case you didn’t know...

Earlier today, it was revealed that Indian opener KL Rahul will miss the tenth edition of the tournament due to a shoulder injury which he sustained in the recently concluded Border-Gavaskar trophy.
The Karnataka batsman will travel to London to undergo a surgery in a bid to be 100% fit for the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy that begins in June.
Extra cover: KL Rahul ruled out of IPL 2017 with shoulder injury 
The details

In the absence of KL Rahul, RCB is looking for a batsman who is capable of donning the wicketkeeping gloves. Tamil Nadu’s N Jagadeesan will fit the bill perfectly as he is a very good top-order batsman, who keeps wickets for his side.
Though he played as a specialist batsman for Tamil Nadu in the 2017 Deodhar Trophy, Jagadeesan scored three fifties in three matches and was the third highest run-scorer in the tournament after Dinesh Karthik and Shikhar Dhawan. He piled up 190 runs in the tournament at an average of 63.33 and a strike-rate of 95. He is also one of the main reasons why Tamil Nadu won the tournament. 
Extra cover: R Ashwin helped me a lot while batting: TNPL player of the tournament, N Jagadeesan
After ending the 2016 Tamil Nadu Premier League as the leading run scorer and the Player of the Tournament, there was no turning back for the right-hander as he scored a century for TN on his first-class debut and ended the season with the Deodhar trophy. 
Watch: Here is one of Jagadeesan’s gem from the 2016 TNPL
What’s next?

The 21-year-old batsman will undergo a trial for RCB on Sunday (April 2) and if things go well, he could be named as a replacement for KL Rahul. The tenth edition of the IPL commences on April 5th.
Author’s Take

Having seen Jagadeesan from close quarters since his debut for Grandslam CC (the author’s favourite team in the TNCA first division league), he is someone who is tailor-made for this format.
Given that RCB does not have a specialist wicketkeeper in their squad, it won't be a surprise if Jagadeesan is named as the replacement for Rahul. In all likelihood, Jagadeesan will play all the matches for RCB in the IPL if he is picked and is the front-runner to open the batting with Chris Gayle in the absence of skipper Virat Kohli and KL Rahul. 
Extra cover: AB de Villiers likely to lead RCB in Virat Kohli's absence
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 1:15 am

What’s the story?

With wicketkeeper-batsman KL Rahul ruled out of the 2017 IPL due to a shoulder injury, the Royal Challengers Bangalore management is looking for a replacement for the Indian international. It has been revealed that Tamil Nadu’s wicketkeeper-batsman N Jagadeesan has been already called for a trial by the franchise.
Jagadeesan confirmed the development in an exclusive chat to Sportskeeda and revealed the details of the trial: “I got a call from RCB to give a trial on April 2nd, but I have no idea on how many players will take part in the trial. It would be great if I could make it to the squad, but at the moment, I have no expectations going into the trials,” said the Tamil Nadu batsman.

Earlier today, it was revealed that Indian opener KL Rahul will miss the tenth edition of the tournament due to a shoulder injury which he sustained in the recently concluded Border-Gavaskar trophy.
The Karnataka batsman will travel to London to undergo a surgery in a bid to be 100% fit for the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy that begins in June.
The details

In the absence of KL Rahul, RCB is looking for a batsman who is capable of donning the wicketkeeping gloves. Tamil Nadu’s N Jagadeesan will fit the bill perfectly as he is a very good top-order batsman, who keeps wickets for his side.
Though he played as a specialist batsman for Tamil Nadu in the 2017 Deodhar Trophy, Jagadeesan scored three fifties in three matches and was the third highest run-scorer in the tournament after Dinesh Karthik and Shikhar Dhawan. He piled up 190 runs in the tournament at an average of 63.33 and a strike-rate of 95. He is also one of the main reasons why Tamil Nadu won the tournament. 
Extra cover: R Ashwin helped me a lot while batting: TNPL player of the tournament, N Jagadeesan
After ending the 2016 Tamil Nadu Premier League as the leading run scorer and the Player of the Tournament, there was no turning back for the right-hander as he scored a century for TN on his first-class debut and ended the season with the Deodhar trophy. 
What’s next?

The 21-year-old batsman will undergo a trial for RCB on Sunday (April 2) and if things go well, he could be named as a replacement for KL Rahul. The tenth edition of the IPL commences on April 5th.
Author’s Take

Having seen Jagadeesan from close quarters since his debut for Grandslam CC (the author’s favourite team in the TNCA first division league), he is someone who is tailor-made for this format.
Given that RCB does not have a specialist wicketkeeper in their squad, it won't be a surprise if Jagadeesan is named as the replacement for Rahul. In all likelihood, Jagadeesan will play all the matches for RCB in the IPL if he is picked and is the front-runner to open the batting with Chris Gayle in the absence of skipper Virat Kohli and KL Rahul. 
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 1:16 am

What’s the story?

The details

What’s next?

Author’s Take

Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 1:17 am

File picture of Australian skipper Steve Smith addresses during a press conference at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Pune | IANS Photo
New Delhi, March 30: Earlier this week Steve Smith and Ajinkya Rahane were counterparts, battling against each other at Dharamsala in the fourth and final Test between India and Australia. Now the duo will be team-mates at the Rising Pune Supergiant (RPS) team during the upcoming season of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2017.
The duo were present at a press conference in New Delhi alongside RPS team owner Sanjeev Goenka and Ben Stokes.
Smith, who will lead RPS team in IPL 10, told that his RPS team-mate Rahane and Virat Kohli are different as captains. Ajinkya and Virat are two different people. Rahane is calm and collected but Kohli shows lots of emotions and is aggressive, said Smith.
When asked about Kohli s friendship comment, Smith said now that India-Australia series is over he is more focussed on IPL. Series is done and dusted. India outplayed us. I have moved on from the series and now will be concentrating on IPL.
Kohli in the post match press conference in Dharamsala had said that he is no longer friends with Australian players. However, the Indian skipper later took to Twitter and said his statement was blown out of proportion and he was referring to few players not the whole Australian team.
Rahane too cleared the air when asked why he turned down Smith's beer offer. We had our own get together in dressing room. So I was busy there and that was the reason I didn't went for beer. Team India were enjoying each others company, Rahane said.
Ahead of IPL 10, RPS replaced MS Dhoni with Smith as captain. The Pune franchise will take on Mumbai Indians at home in their first game of the season on April 6.
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Saad Sat 01 Apr 2017, 1:18 am

Don't atleast repeat stories ..u posted about jadadeeshan 3 times
Saad
Saad
Level 24
Level 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 7:55 am

My likely XI would be Ajinkya Rahane, Mayank Agarwal, Faf du Plessis, Steve Smith (c), Ben Stokes, MS Dhoni (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Rajat Bhatia, Ishwar Pandey, Ashok Dinda, Adam Zampa.

They should go for Mayank as the othe opener instead of Faf to provided an impetus at the top. Ben stokes and M.S. should be told to go all guns blazing as they lack a bit on fireworks. Ajinkya, Faf and Steve can consolidate the innings. In bowling, they have two great spinners in Ashwin & Zampa. They should be the wicket takers.

My RPS XI

Ajinkya Rahane
Mayank Agarwal
Faf du Plessis
Steve Smith
M.S.Dhoni (wk)
Ben Stokes
Rajat Bhatia
R.Ashwin
Ishwar Pandey
J. Unadakt
Adam Zampa
PowerPoint & WeakPoint for Rising Pune Supergiants

PowerPoint:- Superstar filled side with great batting strength

Weak point:- They lack in pace department
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 7:56 am

Khan has so far played 89 IPL matches, taking 92 wickets for teams. He was previously with Royal Challengers Bangalore and Mumbai Indians.

New Delhi: Coach Rahul Dravid has hailed Zaheer Khan's fitness, and promised to utilise the former India pacer's experience to the fullest during Delhi Daredevils' Indian Premier League (IPL) campaign this season.
The 38-year-old left-arm seamer was impressive in his limited outing last season, and earned kudos for his exceptional handling of the team. Dravid, who had shared many memorable moments with Khan as India players in their heydays, admitted the fact that his former team-mate is on the wrong side of 30, and was aware of the challenges associated with ageing bowlers.
“Zak was brilliant for us both on and off the field as skipper. He has led really well. And we were really eager to get him this season and even though it can be a challenge since he has not been playing competitive cricket, I am glad and credit to him that he agreed to work on his fitness and stay fit and come back this season,” Cricketnext quoted Dravid as saying.
But the coach was also aware of the tremendous possibilities a veteran player can bring to a young team which has lost two of its star players in Jean-Paul Duminy and Quinton de Kock. The talented South African pair will not be taking part in the IPL 10. Khan will partner with Indian pacer Mohammed Shami.
“We have a lot of youngsters in the team and that is where we needed Zaheer as he brings in that knowledge and sense of calm in the dressing room and you need that when you are playing a tournament like the IPL. Also, a lot of the youngsters look up to Zaheer as he is an inspiration,” Dravid added.
Khan retired in October 2015 from international cricket. He had played 92 Tests, 200 ODIs and 17 T20Is for India, taking 311, 282 and 17 wickets respectively in a celebrated career.
He has so far played 89 IPL matches, taking 92 wickets for teams. He was previously with Royal Challengers Bangalore and Mumbai Indians.
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 7:57 am

Kevin Pietersen
Harsha Bhogle got some company.
Kevin Pietersen is set to become the part of season 10 of Indian Premier League. This time in a new role.
The English batsman took to his Twitter account to announce the news. 35-year-old will be seen in the commentator box in India for the first, fourth, and the final week of IPL 10.
IPL NEWS - I'll be commentating on week one, week four & the finals.

Will be fun to be back in India.

— KP (@KP24) March 30, 2017
This is the third time the right-handed batsman will be seen doling out comments on the live action going on in the stadium. He was part of commentator crew for Australia vs South Africa series in 2016 and was also seen covering the Big Bash League, Down Under.
Pietersen had withdrawn from the 2017 IPL auction, wanting to spend time with his family in April and May after having a busy winter playing for Quetta Gladiators in Pakistan Super League.
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 7:58 am

Featuring an ensemble crew of former international stars to train the two-time champions.

Mahela Jayawardene joins the usual suspects Sachin Tendulkar and Jonty Rhodes in Mumbai’s coaching set-up
Among the most high-profile cricket clubs in the world, Mumbai Indians enter IPL 2017 as one of the teams to look out for. Led by Rohit Sharma, the squad contains plenty of game-changers like Jos Buttler, Jasprit Bumrah and Lasith Malinga.
However, there are numerous youngsters in their ranks as well which will heighten the importance of the coaching staff. With immense experience in the support team, the local players stand to gain a lot in the overall development of their careers.
Extra Cover: MI IPL 2017 Schedule – Download PDF of Mumbai Indians' fixtures
Let us take an in-depth look into Mumbai Indians’ extensive coaching staff who can play a key role in helping the cricketers realise their potential and ultimately progress towards lifting the trophy.
#5 A host of names to cover all bases

Nitin Patel worked with the Indian team between 2007 and 2015
Even as the big names occupying the frontline roles garner all the attention in a coaching group, the backroom staff also contribute to the team’s fortunes. Mumbai Indians are well served in this regard with the likes of Nitin Patel, Paul Chapman and CKM Dhananjai adding a lot of value to the set-up.
Having worked with the Indian team for a long duration, physiotherapist Patel knows how to deal with the different types of injuries. Assisting him will be Shyam Sundar Jayapalan. While Dhananjai helps the leadership group come up with specific plans by analysing hours and hours of video footage, Chapman will focus on the players’ training.
Masseur Amit Shah and assistant conditioning coach Afzal Khan assist the cricketers in their rejuvenation processes.
#4 Seasoned coaches set to continue their roles

Robin Singh and Shane Bond take care of the batting and bowling departments respectively
Even as the head coach oversees the progress of the players, the batting and bowling coaches become vital in ironing out technical flaws. An under-rated utility cricketer in his heydeys, Robin Singh seems to be gaining in stature in his second innings as a coach.
Before joining Mumbai Indians ahead of the 2010 season, he had served as head coach of the now defunct Deccan Chargers. Apart from taking care of the batting department, the former all-rounder also doubles up as one of the two assistant coaches. 
Erstwhile New Zealand fast bowler Shane Bond has been in charge of the bowling department since 2015. Upon enduring an injury-filled career, the explosive pacer helped envisage a potent new-ball combination of Tim Southee and Trent Boult in his capacity as bowling coach. India’s domestic veteran Paras Mhambrey will assist him in the Mumbai Indians camp. 
#3 In a league of his own

Rhodes has been instrumental in the team’s impressive fielding displays over the years
The man who reinvented the art of fielding, Jonty Rhodes will continue his specialised role for the two-time champions. Renowned for regularly saving at least 20 runs every game with his exploits in the inner ring, he played 52 Tests and 245 ODIs for South Africa.
Extra Cover: 10 Reasons why Indian cricket fans love South Africa
After retiring from the game in 2003, he worked with Standard Bank as accounts executive and even returned to the Proteas camp as fielding coach. However, he has been with the Mumbai Indians since the inaugural season.
Rhodes shares a special connection with the city as his daughter India Jeanne was born in Santacruz a couple of years back.
#2 An ideal mentor for reinforcing support

Tendulkar has been the face of Mumbai Indians since the franchise’s inception
Synonymous with the brand of Mumbai Indians, Sachin Tendulkar‘s presence in the dressing room should complement the efforts of the coaching staff. As team mentor, the legendary batsman will ensure that the players are ready to absorb the pressure and me
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 8:01 am

#2 An ideal mentor for reinforcing support

Tendulkar has been the face of Mumbai Indians since the franchise’s inception
Synonymous with the brand of Mumbai Indians, Sachin Tendulkar‘s presence in the dressing room should complement the efforts of the coaching staff. As team mentor, the legendary batsman will ensure that the players are ready to absorb the pressure and meet the various challenges head-on. 
Extra Cover: Mumbai Indians' all-time dream team unveiled
Since the 2008 season, Rahul Sanghvi has been involved in an administrative role with the franchise. He will carry on his association with Mumbai Indians as manager for this edition as well.
Not many might know that the Surat-born 42-year old played 1 Test and 10 ODIs for India in a career spanning from 1998 to 2001. 
#1 Jayawardene at the helm of affairs

Jayawardene brings an enormous amount of international experience to the table
Having replaced Ricky Ponting at the helm of affairs, iconic Sri Lankan batsman Mahela Jayawardene will be eager to set the ball rolling from match one. Apart from possessing a sound understanding of subcontinental conditions, he also brings with him years of experience gained from leading his country on the cricket field.
At the height of his career, the right-hander was considered to be one of the shrewdest skippers of the modern era. Since retiring from the game, Jayawardene took on a role as batting consultant for the England team during their Asian sojourn culminating in the 2016 World T20.
The fact that he also played a significant amount of T20 cricket (at the international stage as well as the franchise level) should smoothen his transition to head coach.
Mumbai Indians’ Coaching Staff for 2017 IPL
Head Coach – Mahela Jayawardene
Mentor – Sachin Tendulkar
Assistant & Batting Coach – Robin Singh
Bowling Coach – Shane Bond
Fielding Coach – Jonty Rhodes
Assistant Coach – Paras Mhambrey
Team Manager – Rahul Sanghvi
Trainer – Paul Chapman
Physiotherapist – Nitin Patel
Assistant Physiotherapist – Shyam Sundar Jayapalan
Video Analyst – CKM Dhananjai
Sports Massage Therapist– Amit Shah
Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach – Afzal Khan
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 8:02 am

The Chennai franchise has been the most successful in the history of IPL
Chennai Super Kings are undoubtedly the most successful IPL team, with two IPL trophies and two Champions League Trophies in their kitty. Captained by the charismatic leader, MS Dhoni, the Chennai-based franchise had its fair share of dominance in the IPL before the Lodha Committee suspended the side for two years, along with Rajasthan Royals.
The most successful IPL team, with a win percentage of 60.68 and captained by the coolest skipper on the planet, MS Dhoni, Chennai Super Kings were a huge force to reckon with. Their success was largely due to their strong base of Indian players and the shrewd captaincy of Dhoni.
Suresh Raina, Ravichandran Ashwin, Murali Vijay and Michael Hussey played a huge role in Chennai's title runs in 2010 and 2011. Their Champions League record is also the best with titles claimed in 2010 and 2014. 
Playing their home matches at the slow and sluggish M.A. Chidambaram stadium in Chepauk, CSK made the ground their fortress. The franchise has an eye-catching home record, including an unbeaten run at home in the 2011 season. 

They have had some of the best players in World Cricket
However, 2014 witnessed them playing their home games in Ranchi due to some tussles with the Tamil Nadu Government. While Ranchi was the home ground of Dhoni, CSK could not quite replicate their Chepauk success there.
Team owners

In January 2008, when the IPL started, India Cements took over the Chennai-based franchise for $91 million, acquiring rights to ownership for 10 years. N.Srinivasan, a prominent name in cricketing circles and the former BCCI President became the owner of the franchise as he held the position of vice-president and managing director of India Cements Ltd.
The franchise was the fourth most expensive one in the IPL after Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad. Coached by South African Kepler Wessels at the start, CSK turned to one of its most experienced players in the inaugural season, Stephen Fleming, the shrewd Kiwi skipper, to coach them after 2008.
He continued as head coach until the Lodha findings in 2015.

The CSK logo and team song have been very popular
Team name and Jersey

The Chennai jersey has barely undergone any changes since its inception. They went into the inaugural season with a yellow jersey, in sync with their logo of a growling lion. The logo symbolises youth and a fiery attitude which Chennai Super Kings have stayed true to. The jersey has shades of blue and orange apart from the primary yellow. 
The manufacturer of the jersey was Reebok till 2014 before Spartan manufacturers from Australia took over in 2015. 
Telecom provider, Aircel, was the main sponsor for the team from 2008 for a period of three years before it renewed its sponsorship for a record expense of Rs. 850 million. 
From 2014, UST global became its main sponsor for a period of three years. They had other sponsorship deals with Pepsi, Reebok and Usha. In the initial seasons, Tamil actors, Vijay and Nayantara, were the brand ambassadors of the franchise although their immense popularity mostly stemmed from MS Dhoni’s brand value.
The famous Whistle Podu theme song of the team was composed by the duo of Aravind Murali and Jaishankar Iyer. 

Captain and tournament history

Dhoni had led the team with flair and flamboyance
MS Dhoni was the skipper of the franchise for all of eight seasons they took part in. He was bought in the inaugural season for $1.5 million. The purchase turned out to be a spectacular one as the former Indian skipper became the most successful IPL captain with an enviable win percentage of 61.05%.
The team boasted of some excellent talents in their inaugural season with Dhoni, Matthew Hayden, Muttiah Muralitharan and Michael Hussey being a part. They faced Rajasthan Royals in the final of the inaugural season in 2008 but lost by 3 wickets off the final ball.
Moreover, the vice-captain, the ever energetic Suresh Raina, never miss a match for Chennai through its IPL journey. Raina is also the second highest run scorer in the IPL behind Virat Kohli of RCB.
CSK has the rare honour of being the only team to qualify for the semifinals in every season of the tournament they took part in. They made it to the final six times, winning two (2010 and 2011) and losing the other four (2008, 2012, 2013 and 2015).
The top run-scorers of IPL
Player Innings Runs
Virat Kohli 131 4110
Suresh Raina 143 4098
Rohit Sharma 138 3874
Gautam Gambhir 131 3634
Robin Uthappa 130 3390
Their best season as a team came in 2010 when they won the IPL and Champions League. In the final season they took part in, 2015, they lost to Mumbai Indians in the final at Wankhede.
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 8:04 am

Not sure about his participation 

Bangladesh pace bowler Mustafizur Rahman has said that he is still unsure about his participation in IPL 2017. The Sunrisers Hyderabad pacer, who will certainly be skipping at least the first leg of the tournament, revealed that he still hasn't received permission from the Bangladesh Cricket Board to play in this year's edition.

5th highest wicket tacker in 2016 IPL

The 21-year-old played a pivotal role in the Hyderabad franchise winning the title last year. He picked up 17 wickets in 16 games at an economy of 6.9 and finished as the fifth-highest wicket-taker in the tournament in his debut season.

What he said.?

"I have learnt a lot from the IPL, but I don't think I will be able to make it for the tournament this time around. I am waiting for a permission from the Board," Mustafizur told Sportstar on Thursday (March 30) from Colombo where he is currently playing the One-Day

International series against Sri Lanka.

Bangladesh have a tight international schedule ahead of them. Their ongoing tour of Sri Lanka gets over on April 6 with a T20I. They will then participate in a tri-series in Ireland from May 12 ahead of the Champions Trophy in June. With Mustafizur being a key component of their bowling attack, the board is expected to recall the pacer by the first week of May even if the lanky seamer gets a go ahead to partake in the cash-rich tournament for a few games. "I am still not sure whether I will be able to play too many games. Even if I go, I will have to return by the first-week of May," Mustafizur admitted.

The pacer also revealed that he had been advised by his skipper Mashrafe Mortaza to skip the T20 tournament in India in order to remain fit and fresh for national commitments. "I am yet to get back my rhythm, so Mashrafe bhai had suggested that I should skip the IPL," he said. "I am seriously considering his advice. We have a long season ahead, and it is important that I remain fit. I am trying hard to regain the lost touch, but I am still not happy with my performance. Before the Ireland tour, I have to be absolutely ready."
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 8:10 am

SupergiantS No More! Why RPS Removed the 'S' From Their Name
The Quint 31 Mar. 2017 14:45
The Rising Pune Supergiants, or should we write Rising Pune Supergiant, is trying to get everything right ahead of their second season of the Indian Premier League.
Since they finished second last in the previous season, the team management has made two significant changes – first they removed MS Dhoni and appointed Steve Smith as their captain and then removed the last 'S' from their name.

According to Circle of Cricket, the team changed their name because they wanted to look as one team and not as a group of players, hence the name turned singular from plural.
Before every season, we have a meeting with the creative team, and there it was decided that it is better to project the whole team rather than focusing on a few players. That is the reason behind changing the name.
A Source
The Pune team failed to get going in the previous season mainly because of the injuries incurred by star players such as Kevin Pietersen, Steve Smith and Faf du Plessis.
This time, the team has a well-balanced side with Steve Smith, MS Dhoni and Faf du Plessis comprising the batting and Ravichandran Ashwin and Australia's Adam Zampa leading the bowling attack.
We will have to wait and see if the new name brings RPS luck in this season.
Kohli's RCB, Gambhir's KKR & Teams That Could Make IPL Playoffs
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 8:19 am

Delhi Daredevils coach Rahul Dravid on Thursday admitted that missing a batsman of Quinton de Kock’s calibre along with seasoned player JP Duminy will affect the balance and composition of the team going into 10th edition of Indian Premier League (IPL). Duminy has cited personal reasons for pull-out while De Kock has a fractured finger sustained during the Test series against New Zealand at Wellington. “It is obviously a big blow when you lose big players like JP Duminy and Quinton De Kock. If these things happen before the auction, then it is easier because you can plan better. But then this is how it goes and you cannot help it. We do have talented players like Sam Billings and hopefully they can go up and perform,” Dravid told PTI during an interaction at Delhi Daredevils’ academy ground.
Dravid is now banking on experienced international all-rounders like Corey Anderson of New Zealand and Sri Lankan captain Angelo Mathews to fill Duminy’s void but admitted that De Kock is a bigger loss considering he was built into a player to give the team momentum at the top of the order. De Kock was Daredevils’ top scorer during last IPL. “We have all-rounders like Corey Anderson and Angelo Mathews so we hope that these boys can stand up and perform and in some way replace JP. But yes, Quinton is a big loss because he played so many games for us and was one of our main batsmen. We had built him up for this season, but this is how life is and you cannot do much about it,” the chief coach did look dejected.
Dravid is hopeful that the Indian core group of batsmen like Shreyas Iyer, Karun Nair, Sanju Samson and Rishabh Pant will have a good season which will see them atleast making it to the last four since 2012. Asked how does he expects Pant’s second season be after a terrific opening season, Dravid smiled and said, “I hope it is better than last season from our perspective. Well I won’t say Rishabh is our only X-factor. We have guys like Karun, Sanju, Shreyas and Tare.” Dravid hopes that they will be able to strategise better giving youngsters more opportunity.
“We will also look to strategise better and give the players good opportunity. In a format like the IPL, it is also important to rest the players and keep them fresh and we will also look at that and give it our best and be successful.” Dardevils were in contention last season for a top four berth till the last match where Royal Challengers Bangalore outplayed them. The former India captain is hopeful that it is a bit better this time around.
“We needed to win that one game and qualify for the knockout stages but unfortunately we did not qualify. But this time, we will look to start from where we left last season and try and improve further.” Dravid also feels that Zaheer Khan’s decision to play from IPL to IPL will not hurt the balance of the team as the former India fast bowler is an inspiration for many.
“We have a lot of youngsters in the team and that is where we needed Zaheer as he brings in that knowledge and sense of calm in the dressing room. You need that when you are playing a tournament like the IPL. Also a lot of the youngsters look up to Zaheer as he is an inspiration,” Dravid signed off.
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 8:20 am

Delhi Daredevils mentor Rahul Dravid believes loosing Quinton De Kock and JP Duminy can be a massive blow for the team ahead of the 10th edition of IPL.
De Kock pulled out of the cash-rich league due to a finger injury, while Duminy cited personal reasons. "It is obviously a big blow when you lose big players like JP Duminy and Quinton De Kock," Dravid said. "If these things happen before the auction, then it is easier because you can plan better. But then this is how it goes and you cannot help it. We do have talented players like Sam Billings and hopefully they can go up and perform."
"We have all-rounders like Corey Anderson and Angelo Mathews so we hope that these boys can stand up and perform and in some way replace JP," he said. "But yes, Quinton is a big loss because he played so many games for us and was one of our main batsmen. We had built him up for this season, but this is how life is and you cannot do much about it."
With clouds over regular skipper Zaheer Khan’s fitness, Dravid advocated the need of an experienced campaigner like him. "We have a lot of youngsters in the team and that is where we needed Zaheer as he brings in that knowledge and sense of calm in the dressing room," he noted. "You need that when you are playing a tournament like the IPL. Also a lot of the youngsters look up to Zaheer as he is an inspiration."
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 8:23 am

Zaheer Khan at the jersey unveiling of two of their latest recruits Kagiso Rabada and Pat Cummins in New Delhi © Delhi Daredevils
In 2015, Zaheer Khan had announced his retirement from international and first-class cricket, following the eighth season of the IPL. Two years on, he's set to lead Delhi Daredevils again in their quest for their maiden title. Zaheer hasn't played a competitive game for a year, but believes a shift in roles - from being the leader of the bowling group to one who will play the supporting act - will help him ease into the demands of the shortest format.
"It's very difficult to not play any match and then to turn up here and play the whole season. I look at it as a challenge. I stick to my routines along with discussion I have had with my trainers and physios," he said. "The process remains the same. I picked up the ball around December, got into it slowly and here I am now, ready to take on another IPL season. Every time I get on the field, the excitement comes back. It's the right dose of cricket for me at this stage of my career.
"I have supreme fast bowlers who will take the pressure off me. I'm not playing the lead role, but just the support role. I'm playing the role I enjoy the most. This is my way of giving back to the game."
Among the "supreme fast bowlers" he referred to are Pat Cummins and Kagiso Rabada, two of their latest acquisitions, and Mohammed Shami, who Zaheer confirmed was "fully available."
Cummins, earlier part of Kolkata Knight Riders, will start the tournament on the back of two intense Tests against India, while Rabada, in his first IPL stint, is coming off a full series with South Africa in New Zealand. "It's good to have a bowling captain for starters," Cummins said. "It's easier to adjust to the T20 format from Tests than the other way round."
Zaheer was also hopeful that a young batting unit that was empowered to deliver under crunch moments in the past steps up in the absence of two high-profile players in Quinton de Kock and JP Duminy due to injuries.
"We've always believed in youngsters and the potential they have. If you look at last season's squad, you've got someone like Karun Nair, who has a triple century at the Test level," Zaheer said. "Shreyas Iyer has made his mark, he's part of the Test team. These youngsters are no longer youngsters, they're seasoned campaigners now. That is the strength of DD this year.
"You've got an Indian batting line-up [also having in their ranks Sanju Samson and Rishabh Pant] which is more experienced and know more about of their roles. The squad is settled. We're sitting pretty despite JP and Quinton's unavailability. If you look at all the squads, you will find players who are missing out because of international duties and injuries. We're prepared for the uncertainties."
Highly regarded in Indian cricket circles as a bowling mentor, Zaheer also explained the need to have fast bowlers playing as much cricket as possible, when asked if an entire IPL season could bring about injuries and fatigue to India's fast bowlers, Umesh Yadav in particular, after undergoing heavy workloads during the course of India's 13 home Tests.
"When I was playing, I preferred to play more and more. When you're in rhythm, you can maintain that," Zaheer said. "You can maintain workloads at practice. Someone like Umesh, who has played all season, he isn't going to realise when 20 overs are done. That's the beauty of bowling fitness. With all the bowlers who've been playing Tests and some level of cricket, it will be easier in terms of bowling fitness. The more you bowl, the better you will get. I've always endorsed match practice is the best practice."
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 8:23 am

Level 5 !
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 8:25 am

India and Australia played out a gruelling four-match Test series, which concluded at Dharamsala on Tuesday. From bouncers to big hundreds to controversies, the series had it all, and fortunately for India, they were on the winning side in the end.
But the players will have to leave the Test arena and quickly move into the fast paced nature of T20 cricket in our very own Indian Premier League.
With less than a week to go for the tournament, the teams are racing against time to get to know their new teammates in the dressing room and set the ball rolling as far as training is concerned.
While all the teams have the firepower to reach the playoffs this season, here's a look at the four teams that may have an edge over the other teams.
1. Royal Challengers Bangalore

Like they have for many seasons, the Royal Challengers Bangalore move into IPL 10 as the strongest side. But, they have never won an IPL trophy!
This time, the side is even more balanced than last season, where they lost the final to Sunrisers Hyderabad. From batting to bowling to fielding, all their bases are covered with top notch players from around the world.
At the top of the order, RCB have enough fire power in Virat Kohli, Chris Gayle and AB de Villiers.
They have finishers in Kedar Jadhav and KL Rahul. Tymal Mills will take the new ball and Yuzvendra Chahal will hold the key in the spin department.
Probable first XI: Virat Kohli (c), Chris Gayle, Shane Watson, AB de Villiers, KL Rahul (wk), Kedar Jadhav, Stuart Binny, Yuzvendra Chahal, Pawan Negi, S Aravind, Tymal Mills.
8 Massive IPL Records Broken This Season (Mostly by Virat Kohli!)
2. Mumbai Indians

If any team can go toe-to-toe with Royal Challengers Bangalore, it's the two-time IPL champions Mumbai Indians.
Rohit Sharma, who made a comeback to competitive cricket in the Vijay Hazare Trophy in March, will be raring to go in the IPL. An excellent IPL for the 29-year-old will be the perfect boost before the Champions Trophy.
Jos Buttler is capable of providing the final impetus in the death overs with the bat while Lasith Malinga will be in action with his toe-crushers!
Harbhajan Singh, Mitchell Johnson and Jasprit Bumrah will make for a dangerous bowling attack.
Probable first XI: Rohit Sharma (c), Parthiv Patel (wk), Ambati Rayudu, Kieron Pollard, Saurabh Tiwary, Jos Buttler, Hardik Pandya, Harbhajan Singh, Mitchell Johnson, Jasprit Bumrah, Lasith Malinga.
3. Rising Pune Supergiant

The Rising Pune Supergiant finished second last in the previous season. This time around, the boast of one of the most balanced teams in the IPL.
They had a good set of players last year as well, but their performance was heavily affected by the injuries sustained by star players such as Kevin Pietersen, Steve Smith and Faf du Plessis.
With Steve Smith and Faf du Plessis good to go this time around and the Australian captain giving a fresh perspective as the leader of the side, RPS will be surely one of the teams to look out for.
Ajinkya Rahane will open the batting for Pune and down the order, IPL's most expensive foreign player Ben Stokes will be expected to come up with the goods.
In the bowling department, they have an excellent spin team in Ravichandran Ashwin and Australia's leg-spinner Adam Zampa.
Probable first XI: Mayank Agarwal, Ajinkya Rahane, Steven Smith (c), MS Dhoni (wk), Faf du Plessis, Ben Stokes, Manoj Tiwary, Ravichandran Ashwin, Jaydev Unadkat, Adam Zampa, Ashok Dinda.
4. Kolkata Knight Riders

Since the 2014 IPL edition, Kolkata Knight Riders have banked heavily on their opening batsmen Gautam Gambhir and Robin Uthappa. Things aren't going to be too different this time around.
The two-time champions have enough fire in their batting from Manish Pandey to Darren Bravo.
Trent Boult and Umesh Yadav will be expected to get the early breakthroughs and magician Sunil Narine will create trouble for the best of the batsmen in the league, yet again.
Probable first XI: Gautam Gambhir (c), Robin Uthappa (wk), Manis
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pradyumna Rex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 8:26 am

Probable first XI: Gautam Gambhir (c), Robin Uthappa (wk), Manish Pandey, Shakib Al Hasan, Yusuf Pathan, Suryakumar Yadav, Darren Bravo, Trent Boult, Umesh Yadav, Sunil Narine, Piyush Chawla.
Pradyumna Rex
Pradyumna Rex
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next