Cricket World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting Zone !

+21
Sri Ganesh SG
Sriram
Kush
Sarthak Mondal
Ishaq
Fahad
ND
Raminder
Arjun
Fardin Kibria
Rishabh
Anurag
Viresh
Saad
Gauri Menon M
Haseeh
Mad max
Vighnesh
Nick
Parth
Aqi
25 posters

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down

DO you guys support ?

Fighting Zone ! - Page 40 I_vote_lcap100%Fighting Zone ! - Page 40 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 14 ]
Fighting Zone ! - Page 40 I_vote_lcap0%Fighting Zone ! - Page 40 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

Fighting Zone ! - Page 40 Empty Fighting Zone !

Post by Mad max Sat 10 Nov 2012, 12:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

Seems there are many fights going on in CW..so better i thought of Creating a Fight zone.

But got an idea instead of fighting with utter rubbish words and meaningless sentences do fight with some meaningful words and sentences..

that takes ur revenge and adds some FM to ur account and also shows other members how much Cricket knowledge u have got.

Fight on a particular topic.

Now i hope all are clear..

this is just like a debate..The last time when i put up this it flopped :bitch: :bitch:

but this time it wont i suppose

So i put this up again infront of u guys

I will decide the Topic
Deep will decide the winner

You guys decide against whom u want to FIGHT..

now its clear to all of u

Thank you /-
MadMax

6th Topic

6.According to you,Which team did produce good fast bowlers in Cricket History till now ?

Please do post against whom u wanna fight as well.

Do Fight hard..

DEAD LINE IS 9 PM IST

MadMax/-

TODAY THERE WERE FEW PARTICIPANTS.
TOPIC WAS BIT TOUGH.
TOPIC WAS SUCH THAT, IT WAS DIFFICULT TO FIND GOOD STATS BUT STILL PEOPLE FOUND MATCH SCORECARDS AND PRESENTED.

I WAS WONDERING HAD ANKUSH KEPT ON THE DEBATE, HE WOULD HAVE WON, BUT HE DISAPPEARED, NEVER MIND.

SAI AND RISH WERE HAVING GOOD DEBATE.

BUT I WAS FURIOUS WITH SAI ONCE, HE WAS AGAIN REPEATING SAME THING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

RISH WAS PARTICIPATING EXTENSIVELY FOR THE 1ST TIME, BUT HE TOOO WAS STUCK WITH THAT IPL CSK MATCH,WORLD CUP FINALE.

FOR YOUR GOD SAKE, 290 T20I'S HAVE BEEN PLAYED TILL NOW AND YOU BOTH WERE STUCK WITH 1 FINALE OF WORLD CUP FOR MOST PART.

MORE THAN 330 IPL MATCHES TOOK PLACE, AND YOU GUYS WERE STUCK WITH THE IPL 5 FINALE

THERE ARE SO MANY T20 PLAYERS AROUND AND YOU WERE STUCK WITH KOHLI ONLY.

BUT ATLAST CAME ANURAG, HE MENTIONED FEW VALID POINTS THOUGH WITHOUT REPEATING SAME THING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO TODAY'S WINNER IS ANURAG CHOUDHARY, WITH FEW LIMITED VALID POINTS THOUGH BUT ONLY BECAUSE RISH AND SAI WERE NOT COMING OUT OF WORLD OF SPECIFICS.

Congrats Anurag

Congrats ANURAG CHOUDHARY

Last edited by MadMax on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 10:50 am; edited 14 times in total
Mad max
Mad max
Level 24
Level 24

Back to top Go down

Fighting Zone ! - Page 40 Empty Re: Fighting Zone !

Post by Deep Dey Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:13 pm

sai wrote:Yes Charles did fail in other matches i agree to that
But in most of the Matches Charles scored 15 to 20 but What about Gayle ?
Gayle scored over 30 and even if Gayle scored 20 odd he scored in about 10-15 balls

if Charles also went to big hitting then he would have dismissed even before and that builds pressure on GAYLE

Whenever West Indies got some great starts Charles played an ANCHOR ROLE

ANCHOR doesnt mean Defensive player
i am saying ANCHOR ROLE that means as per modern era ANCHOR means who takes 1s and 2s and hits boundaries in middle too (as per T20 is Concerned)

and Guys like Jhonson Charles,Jayawardena,Virat Kohli,Badrinath,Ambati Rayudu etc are all anchors

I hope u saw match of mumbai indians when Pollard and Rayudu added 80 odd runs to 6th wicket

Then Rayudu played an anchor role
He made sure that his score was run a ball and hit some boundaries as well Pollard being an aggressor

You need this kinda stuff in T20 to build the innings

While Batting 1st

If u have two openers one being aggressor and other being Anchor helps u a lot Just as Windies had in T20 WC
At one side the ANCHOR keeps rotating the strike and gets the odd boundary and eases pressure on Aggressor and makes sure that Scoreboard is ticking
and aggressor plays his natural game..so that there are wickets left in hand for the Death overs and no pressure on BIG HITTERS coming next

India have same kind of openers but Sehwag always failed
If gambhir and sehwag had succeded in this way then India could have put on a Brilliant Performance

While Batting 2nd
Even in batting 2nd one has to play the ANCHOR ROLE because if both goes for hitting then there are lot mre chances to lose wickets but at end One keeps rotating the strike and other goes for the KILL that suits better so that even if the aggresor loses his wicket the ANCHOR will be remained UNBEATEN and then he can go for BIG HITTIng as he is Set Batsman

Jayawardena did a right job playing Slow innings in Finale
The Target was just 138
and Dilshan was dismissed so early
that made Jayawardena bat Sensibly and build a partnership with Sangakkara because SL were dependent on TOP 3 batsman sanga,Dilshan and Mahela

So Dilshan being dismissed they both played slowly and put on a partnership and then looked for hitting

If Mahela also went for hitting then he would hardly get 3 or 4 boundaries and then ?? OUT
He did the right job by keeping he scoreboard ticking and ensured that they built a partnership

The moment he was there SL were going smoothly as they have FIRE POWER in their dugout for the death overs

once mahela gone thats it the team Collapsed..

CSK were soo succesful just because of this strategy
Badri being ANCHOR and Raina being aggressor

Even in IPL final
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2012/engine/match/548381.html

Bisla took on the bowlers and went for big hitting where as Kallis remained as an ANCHOR and gave strike back to Bisla and got some odd boundaries

if Kallis went for the KILl right from start then what if he was dismissed for 30 odd runs ? then CSK would have won the match easily
But he didnt do so and remained CALM till Bisla got out and the moment Bisla got out he started to go after bowlers because he was the SET batsman

thats what more important in any form of Cricket

u need to build the partnership and make sure that even if one wicket falls u have SET batsman at the other end to carry on

and in this match another example

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2012/engine/match/548324.html

Rahane was bit aggressive using the FIELD restrictions
Dravid played good innings by supporting him

He remained as an ANCHOR and made sure no wickets fell

He and Rahane put on 62 Runs for the First wicket in ten overs

Then Dravid got out and rahane was the set batsman
then RAHANE became even more aggressive and with BIG HITTER owaish Shah with him they both murdered the bowlers of RCB

If in case Dravid went for the hitting at start and thrown his wicket away then Owaish Shah would have been under pressure and even Rahane

thats the thing with ANCHOR ROLE in T20 Cricket

one being the aggressor the other guy has to support him by taking 1s and 2s and getting the odd boundary and not letting him alone do the work and not throwing his wicket by going for KILL right from Start

Point taken but the fact about jayawardene playing slow in finale, i say again, you have to give bowlers their credits.

anurag wrote:I am just going to say a couple of lines:

Yes, T20 is a hitter's game, but when the so called "superstar sloggers" of the team fail, then who saves the team?
The Sheet Anchors do so, who slowly build their innings under pressure and take their team to a good total.

So yes, I think Sheet ANchor role is necessary in T20 cricket.

Point taken

rish wrote:If Charles also went to big hitting, then he would have dismissed even before???
LOL!!
He has scored near to 10s and 20s only.

He scored 87 aggressively and that should be the aim for every player in this short format.
Gayle is that kind of player who wont stop and that's why he is the most successful player in this format. Even Warner and Mcca are best players in this format because they only want to hit biggies in this format.

Charles is not that good player according to me so his Anchor support is not enough for this kind of format.

Playing aggressively does not mean hitting every 2nd or 3rd ball out of the ground.

You look at consistent performers in t20 like gayle,mccullum,jayawardene, graeme smith,watson,abd,etc etc
They play sensibly , they rotate strikes, they hit the bad balls if it if bowled to them initially.

You rarely find high scores from a top order batsman ,who tries to clear the rope every ball, its rare.

You find richard levi after scoring that 100 by hitting every ball out of ground, what happened after ????

You see david warner, how many times he scores successfully at international level, although he gets away in ipl because of low quality bowlers.

you see afridi, you see imran nazir, how many times you find them scoring even 30 runs???????

sehwag is classic case for india.

sai wrote:Kohli is not anchor.
He always play aggressively even if it is ODIs. He is unstoppable and always hit when needed. He never rotates the strike according to me..

Please give me that Match link of Mumbai Indians one so that I can talk about that even in better way..

Okk to some extent I agree that Anchor is ok if you have a good slogger on other side but what if you dont have a good slogger on other side??
At times even Slogger fails to score, then anchor must perform na??
If he continue batting like that then you cant expect a good score to defend.

again i say, playing aggressive does not mean hitting every 2nd or 3rd ball out of ground.

You got to check his scoring pattern in all matches where he has scored big runs be it t20 or odi, not just 1 -2 matches.

rish wrote:Jayawardene must have fired if he saw that no 1 is hitting. Sri Lanka were over-confident because of which they failed to even score 132. How he can play slowly even if he know that they are losing their path to win the cup?

what nonsense is that???

If he would have batted aggressively, we might have seen new champs.

if he wud have get 3-4 boundaries, the middle order and lower order would have got singles because of which they would have won.

playing defensively does not always is a result of batsman, you got to give bowlers their credits.
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Viresh Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:16 pm

missed the fight .. Emo
Viresh
Viresh
Level 34
Level 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseeh Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:17 pm

Deep,when you accepted T20 as a format of Cricket? lol!
Haseeh
Level 30
Level 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseeh Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:19 pm

Viresh wrote:missed the fight ..
same here.. Now lets have fight Troll
Haseeh
Level 30
Level 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:26 pm

rish wrote:IPL Final was too close.
Kallis was not firing because he was feeling restless but then also he batted aggressively (Check his strike rate). The way he batted was sufficient and you cant say that he batted like an anchor because anchor used to bat defensively (Anchor means to be the highest scorer of that match by batting defensively) If he would have batted even more slowly, CSK might have won that match. So Kallis did a brilliant job by playing his own innings as Slogger and not Anchor.

one being the aggressor the other guy has to support him by taking 1s and 2s and getting the odd boundary and not letting him alone do the work and not throwing his wicket by going for KILL right from Start

A true player never feel the pressure if his team mate loses his wicket. Instead he gets more power which means more responsibility. If Dravid would have batted aggressively as well, then they would have scored even 210+.

Shah and Rahane both batted aggressively no doubt.
What if Rahane would have batted slowly or would have lost his wicket in the beginning?

Definitely RR would have lost that match.

You gonna have to agree on that point that this is not Anchors game.
You just need sloggers who need to hit well if they want their team to win this with no problems.

Hit Out or Get Out!
Thnx

Again i say see the patter of kallis scoring in ipl finale just like i said about kohli.

i give you a example:

if a player scores 47 of 45 balls, his SR is just about 103-104, after he hits 3-4 sixes in span of next 5-6 balls, his SR surpasses 135-140+.

Kallis turned into a slogger after bisla got out, he was anchor before.

Thats what kallis did in that innings, see the pattern.

A true player never feels pressue : How on earth can you say that???????

Every player, be it great player or mediocre player, be it batsman, be it bowler, be it fielder, be it keeper

be it sachin,bradman,hobbs,be it trueman,be it lara, be it sir don, be it amarnath, be it jardine, be it ashraful, be it chris martin.................

every player feels pressure, you got to check heart beat of players on the field to find the pressure they are on.

Observe the dress of australian test team, there is a equipment fitted inside it to find the pulse rate, to find the distance they run on the ground during match, NO player and i mean no players pulse is normal, its always.

if you do it for all matches,for all players, the result will be similar.

its the way you handle pressure.

Great players handle pressure exceptionally well and mediocre players handle it poorly or averagely.

sanjay wrote:Well being an anchor is also important

COnsider a situation:
Team batting is 20/4...if the new batsman is a slogger,is it fine to try 4 6 everyball??
In t20,mercurial players r the best

Eg:Mike Hussey

true enogh

sai wrote:Of course Charles has scored 10 to 20's only but his partnership with gayle was above 30..and some times even 40 because Gayle used to get going

thats wat i said
he scored 10's and 20's but those were important because he rotated the strike and gave back to Gayle and gayle freed his arms ..thats simple as that

and more over .

Of course buddy KOhli is an ANCHOR
I already said and i am saying again

AS PER MODERN DAY CRICKET ERA ANCHOR DOESNT MEAN HE IS ONLY DEFENSIVE
ANCHOR MEANS ROTATING THE STRIKE AND GETTING AND ODD BOUNDARY
Kohli is such a player

He always rotates the strike and he gets the odd boundary

Do always watch Kohli right from start

At first he plays some dot balls and then he keeps rotating the strike

if a bad ball is been bowled he puts that away to the fence...
That is what KOhli does ..he is an ANCHOR and he is not an aggressor

The right thing at that moment was to build the partnership and exactly Mahela did that along with Sanga

the middle order didnt perform thats it
He laid the foundation but the middle and lower order didnt contribute
Mathews,Perera,Chandimal all failed at once

Kula fought at the end but it was too late

for your god sake, come out of that finale and kohli discussion ,there are many other players in the world.

Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:26 pm

Rest points to be seen after dinner
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Anurag Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:27 pm

Only 1 of my points seen till now Emo
Anurag
Anurag
Level 31
Level 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:29 pm

Anurag wrote:Only 1 of my points seen till now Emo

bhai har point ko detail se dekhna padta hai one after the other Sad Sad
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Viresh Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:29 pm

Haseeh wrote:
Viresh wrote:missed the fight ..
same here.. Now lets have fight Fighting Zone ! - Page 40 2937254162
Facepalm

Go and watch Pogo Fighting Zone ! - Page 40 2240144544
Viresh
Viresh
Level 34
Level 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishaq Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:13 pm

Lol I am too late :O Tongue out
Ishaq
Ishaq
Level 23
Level 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:59 pm

ANURAG wrote:Another example is Dhoni. He can be a finisher as well as a sheet anchor.

When he sees that the top order is hitting the ball and scoring big, then he promotes himself up the order to finish the innings in style.

But when the top order collapses, then he bats slow and steady and plays the Anchor role and builds a partnership.

Pure bullcrap it is, whoever says there is no room for Anchors in T20.

OK ANOTHER EXAMPLE

SAI wrote:Buddy dont give such replies
Kallis acted as ANCHOR till Bisla got out
The moment bisla got out Kallis took on the bowlers

ANCHOR doesnt mean playing defensively
dont talk about Sir Len Hutton's era Definitions

Talk About Gayle's era definitions

According to Modern day Cricket ANCHOR doesnt just mean Batting defensively
It means taking 1s and 2s and getting ODD boundary

thats what Anchor mean in this format of the game

Mumbai Indians Vs Chennai Super Kings game remember ?
Dhawal Kulkarni got 2 wickets in 2 balls
CSK were 0/2
1st over was bowled by Harbhajan to Hussey ..it was Maiden
Raina Went out FOR GOLDEN DUCK
Vijay too scored 0

Then came in Badrinath along with Michael Hussey

The ball was swinging
If they both went for hitting straight from the moment...then they would have got out that moment itself..

But instead they built the partnership till 12 overs by rotating strike and getting some boundaries

Badri got out for some 60 odd

Then Hussey was SET Batsman

the Ms came in he would have also HIT OUT as he is also big hitter but instead he gave strike to SET batsman and Hussey became aggressor when Hussey got out

Dhoni started hitting

this is what ANCHOR means and it is very much important in any format of the game

NOT JUST SLOGGING RIGHT FROM THE START

ONCE AGAIN DEALING WITH SPECIFIC MATCHES AND TOOOOO OF IPL. BUT FEW CREDIBLE POINTS ALSO THERE.

GUYS COME OUT OF THE WORLD OF IPL AND SPECIFIC MATCHES ,SPEAK IN GENERAL,

THERE HAVE BEEN MORE THAN 220 T20I'S TALK ABOUT THOSE ALSO Emo Emo

RISH wrote:Charles did nothing except rotating the strike which was not enough. We saw his brilliant performance so why he cant hit when he get full chance.
Anchors not good for this format. Hit and Go..

Yuvi is best example for this.
Remember his 6 sixes.. He scored 50 off just 12 balls and then lost his wicket so if you even try to play like that, it is brilliant as you can help your team to go past 200.

Kohli is not anchor.
He never hits odd boundary instead he tries to hit boundary off every over when he used to get that chance.
Why Kohli will be anchor if no 1 else is hitting from his team when he is batting on other hand??

India always fails because they are dependent on Sehwag only. You remember India vs. South Africa in which Yusuf scored 100+ by coming at last and he was unstoppable. He was just firing and on the other hand he was not getting good support you have to agree. That was ODI but match was turning out to be like a T20 Match.

When you get high target, you have to bat aggressively or else you will lose with a big gap.
When you get a low target, you still have to bat aggressively. Who knows there will be a twist and turn and again you need more runs as compared to no. of balls left. If one player continue batting like an Anchor, then no use of that because on one side, you see players coming and going and other side, you have 1 batsman who is taking his time.

When you bat first then no doubt you have to give a huge target or else team batting 2nd will troll you by chasing that target easily.

Yea same thing I am informing you. Jayawardene is really good batsman. If he would have accelerated the innings, then the ones who were coming to bat might have supported him but he was playing slowly and lower order was again in pressure.

So we need Sloggers only in this format and not Anchors.

I am saying this again and again :- Hit out or Get Out!

KOHLI IS NOT ANCHOR SAID BY RISH : ONCE AGAIN I SAY SEE HIS SCORING PATTERN OF HIS EVERY BIG INNINGS IN ODI OR T20, NOT JUST 1-2.

AS FAR AS YUVI 6 6'S IS CONCERNED, LOOK AT POINT OF THE MATCH WHEN HE HIT THOSE, HE HIT THOSE AT 17TH OR 18TH OVER, I GUESS, SO ITS DEATH OVER.

IN DEATH SLOGGERS YOU GO FOR FULL KILL IF YOU HAVE WICKETS IN HAND.

RISH wrote:Nothing is Impossible in Cricket. That's what I think.
They are big cricketers and they can hit easily even it is Damp Pitches although it will be tough for them but still you need to slog in such a format.

Just Anchoring wont help in team.
That's what I feel.

You definitely need sloggers only.

Even Sloggers can bat well and stay for long if they play effective cricket.

What if you get a target of 175 when you are batting at Damp Pitch?
You will take singles only to reach that target or you will try your best to hit biggies off every ball???

Think over it again..
YES NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE IN CRICKET, YOU CAN SCORE HEAVILY ON DAMP PITCHES WITH A GOOD STRIKE RATE.
EG: SIR DON BRADMAN

YOU GAVE THE EXAMPLE OF CHASING 175, I GIVE THE EXAMPLE OF AUSTRALIA CHASING 214 AND TIED THE MATCH BY NOT JUST SIMPLY SLOGGING

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/423788.html

SAI wrote:Do you know one thing ?
Charles is Named as GAYLE OF WINDIES DOMESTIC CRICKET

How much of hitting requires to get that name ?
But still he did rotated the Strike because on other you have CHRISTOPHER HENRY GAYLE

Just like that you need to do in t20

Give the Strike to the Slogger
rotate the strike

Sloggers work is to hit out or get out

So as per ur idea T20 is HIT OUT or GET OUT

Not every day is sunday isnt it
So at one day one team can score 200 and one day they can even get all out even before 100 runs so that means that team doesnt deserve to called as CHAMPIONS and lacks consistency

You need to have that Consistency in T20 format as well

For that Consistency you need to have --------->ANCHORS

Just answer me one thing
with all Sloggers did CSK won 2 IPL Titles,1 Clt20 Title and emerged as 2 times runners of IPL ?

All CSK players are SLOGGERs ?
The ans would be NO
because their most consistent batsman after Raina is an ANCHOR
The reason why they won 2011 IPL was Michael Hussey who is an ANCHOR
the reason why they came to Finals in 2012 was Faf Du Plessis who acted as an ANCHOR Some times and even as SLOGGER some times

The only Non-famous and Non-t20 Specialist to play Most matches after Raina for CSK is Badrinath is an ANCHOR

The reason why India won T20 World Cup 2007--thanks to 50 by Gambhir is an ANCHOR

The reason why England got Soo Close to the target Vs West Indies in T20 World Cup 2012 even after being 4/2 was innings of ALex Hales acted as ANCHOR while Morgan was aggressor.

NO COMMENTS

LOL You mean to say Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, Michael Clarke, MS Dhoni, are are sloggers that they score big even in T20?

RISH wrote:You will take singles only to reach that target

ANURAG wrote:Again your logic is incorrect.

Sheet Anchor doesnt mean Tuk Tuk, it means steady batting, building up the innings and then going for big shots.

Sheet Anchor doesnt mean test batsman, it means one who judges the situation and plays accordingly and saves the team when in trouble.

What you are trying to say is that Sheet Anchors are slow batsmen. You are completely wrong.

As I said, Sheet Anchors will try their best to get the team to a good total or chase the target, not by hitting every ball ut of the park, but by some sensible batting.

VALID POINT ENOUGH

RISH wrote:Finals of 2007 World Cup, Gambhir was brilliant but he batted with a good S/R. He was taking singles but he was also hitting boundaries. At times even he fire so you cant call him anchor.
For this match he was slogger and he got brilliant support by Rohit Sharma who was aggressive as well. But I think they won because of their bowling.

Pakistan would have won that match if they would have batted aggressively but Younis and Misbah just spoiled the efforts of Imran Nazir.

I will keep on saying that Anchors no use.
Only Sloggers can save your team or else, get ready to lose

AGAIN I SAY PLAYING AGGRESSIVELY DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE SLOGGING.

YOU CAN SCORE 100 WITH GOOD SR AND LESS BOUNDARIES ALSO

AND AGAIN I SAY, DON'T LOOK AT THE SR SIMPLY,SEE THE SCORING PATTERN ALSO

AS I SAID ABOVE

47 OF 45 BALLS WITH SR OF 103-104 AND THEN SUDDENLY HIT 3-4 SIXES IN NEXT 4-5 BALLS, SR REACHES 135-140+

ANURAG wrote:Stupid statement.
Go to google and search for the meaning of SHEET ANCHOR.

They are the ones who save the team.

Sloggers dotn perform in every match, thats the time when the Sheet Anchors play a major role.

Sloggers arent meant to "save the team".
They are meant to give solid starts or dominate the opponents etc..

"Sloggers" and "Saving" cant be associated at all.

GOOD POINT

SAI wrote:I said THEIR MOST CONSISTENT PERFORMER AFTER RAINA IS AN ANCHOR That means Most consistent performer after Raina for CSK is Badrinath he is an ANCHOR

Everyone was not anchor in CSk
Vijay a SLOGGER
Dhoni some times ANchor and some times SLOGGER
Morkel Slogger
Dwayne Bravo slogger
Raina SLOGGEr
jadeja Slogger

Michael,Faf,Badri as ANCHORS

Do understand what i said

ANCHOR DOESNT MEAN TAKING SINGLES
IT ALSO MEANS THAT GETTING ODD BOUNDARY

GAMBHIR,KOHLI,Michael Hussey,FAF DU PLESSIS,BADRINATH,AMBATI RAYUDU,JACQUES KALLIS etc.. are all ANCHORS

thats what i want to say

and i said

its time for to say Good bye

Had a good debate

ONCE AGAIN OBSESSED WITH SPECIFICS, IN LAST 3 DEBATES, I SAID HIM, STILL OBSESSED WITH SPECIFICS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

TALK ABOUT 200+ T20I'S ALSO, INCLUDE BBL,BPL ALSO THEN IF YOU ARE INCLUDING IPL

ANURAG wrote:How they batted was not Anchor role. Because that cant be termed as "Sensible Batting". Misbah's innings was terrible when we see the condition at hand.

He would be termed Sheet Anchor if he wouldve batted steadily and led his team to victory.

So this point is irrelevant as the innings played by them were not that of a Sheet Anchor.

CORRECT, MISBAH WAS OVER CAUTIOUS AND OVER DEFENSIVE TILL 15TH -16TH OVER, WHEN THERE WAS NOTHING TO LOOSE AND RRR WAS CREEPING, HE WENT FOR BIGGIES ALONG WITH TAILENDERS.
HE WAS A SPECIALIST BATSMAN SO HE WAS SUCCESSFUL IN EXECUTING HIS SHOTS AT LAST MOMENT WHEN TAILENDERS TRIED TO SLOG EVERY BALL, THEY KEPT ON GETTING BOWLED (ARAFAT,TANVIR,GUL WAS BOWLED).

RISH wrote:Anchor means playing defensively.
DEFENSIVE PLAYING DOESN'T MEAN PLAYING SLOW OR PLAY DOT BALLS.

DEFENSIVE TACTICS IN CRICKET AS I SAID ABOVE IS THE ACTION TO PREVENT OPPONENT FROM SCORING FOR BOWLERS.

FOR BATSMAN, IT IS TO PREVENT THEIR WICKET.

RISH wrote:Sheet Anchor and Anchor are slightly different terms.
Sheet Anchor means rotating the strike so that other batsman can score rapidly and Anchor means to score on your own by batting defensively.

Source : Wiki
THEY BOTH ARE SAME

WHEN YOU OPEN GLOSSARY OF CRICKET TERMS, YOU WONT FIND SHEET ANCHOR IN IT BECAUSE ANCHOR IS ALREADY SPECIFIED AT TOP.
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishabh Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:06 pm

Deep I gave him links as well ;)
Rishabh
Rishabh
Level 36
Level 36

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Anurag Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:07 pm

Rish wrote:Deep I gave him links as well ;)
Wiki's definition of Anchor was meant for Sheet Anchor.

Which means there were 2 separate definitions of Sheet Anchor..
Anurag
Anurag
Level 31
Level 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:08 pm

TODAY THERE WERE FEW PARTICIPANTS.
TOPIC WAS BIT TOUGH.
TOPIC WAS SUCH THAT, IT WAS DIFFICULT TO FIND GOOD STATS BUT STILL PEOPLE FOUND MATCH SCORECARDS AND PRESENTED.

I WAS WONDERING HAD ANKUSH KEPT ON THE DEBATE, HE WOULD HAVE WON, BUT HE DISAPPEARED, NEVER MIND.

BUT I WAS FURIOUS WITH SAI ONCE, HE WAS AGAIN REPEATING SAME THING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

RISH WAS PARTICIPATING EXTENSIVELY FOR THE 1ST TIME, BUT HE TOOO WAS STUCK WITH THAT IPL CSK MATCH,WORLD CUP FINALE.

FOR YOUR GOD SAKE, 290 T20I'S HAVE BEEN PLAYED TILL NOW AND YOU BOTH WERE STUCK WITH 1 FINALE OF WORLD CUP FOR MOST PART. :evil: :evil: :evil:

MORE THAN 330 IPL MATCHES TOOK PLACE, AND YOU GUYS WERE STUCK WITH THE IPL 5 FINALE :evil: :evil:

BUT ATLAST CAME ANURAG, HE MENTIONED FEW VALID POINTS THOUGH WITHOUT REPEATING SAME THING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO TODAY'S WINNER IS ANURAG CHOUDHARY, WITH FEW LIMITED VALID POINTS THOUGH BUT ONLY BECAUSE RISH AND SAI WERE NOT COMING OUT OF WORLD OF SPECIFICS.
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Anurag Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:10 pm

Throw Me Out wrote:TODAY THERE WERE FEW PARTICIPANTS.
TOPIC WAS BIT TOUGH.

FOR YOUR GOD SAKE, 290 T20I'S HAVE BEEN PLAYED TILL NOW AND YOU BOTH WERE STUCK WITH 1 FINALE OF WORLD CUP FOR MOST PART. :evil: :evil: :evil:

MORE THAN 330 IPL MATCHES TOOK PLACE, AND YOU GUYS WERE STUCK WITH THE IPL 5 FINALE :evil: :evil:

Fighting Zone ! - Page 40 4023198 Fighting Zone ! - Page 40 4023198That's how I roll Fighting Zone ! - Page 40 4023198 Fighting Zone ! - Page 40 4023198
Anurag
Anurag
Level 31
Level 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishaq Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:10 pm

Congrats anurag
second win for you Tongue out
I am yet to win Sad Tongue out
By the time I come online,Debate gets over Tongue out
Ishaq
Ishaq
Level 23
Level 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:11 pm

Rish wrote:Deep I gave him links as well ;)

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sheet_anchorLINK FOR SHEET ANCHOR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_cricket_terms
LINK FOR GLOSSARY OF CRICKET TERMS

WHEN YOU OPEN THAT GLOSSARY LINK, YOU FIND DEFINITION OF ANCHOR NOT SHEET ANCHOR WHICH MEANS BOTH ARE SAME.

JUST LIKE WE SAY WOOLLOONGABBA AS GABBA,SHEET ANCHOR AND ANCHOR MEANS SAME
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Anurag Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:12 pm

Anyway, we cannot count on Wikipedia for a proper definition.
Anurag
Anurag
Level 31
Level 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishabh Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:13 pm

Congrats Anurag. :O
Rishabh
Rishabh
Level 36
Level 36

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:15 pm

Anurag wrote:Anyway, we cannot count on Wikipedia for a proper definition.

SHEET ANCHOR,SLOGGER,FINISHER.......... DO NOT HAVE STANDARD DEFINITION IN CRICKET BOOKS.
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishaq Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:18 pm

Check Wiki Definition of anchor now Now Troll

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sheet_anchor
Ishaq
Ishaq
Level 23
Level 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad max Thu 15 Nov 2012, 10:51 am

6th Topic

6.According to you,Which team did produce good fast bowlers in Cricket History till now ?

Please do post against whom u wanna fight as well.

Do Fight hard..

DEAD LINE IS 9 PM IST
Mad max
Mad max
Level 24
Level 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseeh Thu 15 Nov 2012, 11:08 am

I vote goes to Pakistan..
The likes of Wasim,Waqar,Saqlain,Akhtar,Aamir this sequence is never ending actually Smile
Haseeh
Level 30
Level 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Saad Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:55 pm

Haseeh wrote:I vote goes to Pakistan..
The likes of Wasim,Waqar,Saqlain,Akhtar,Aamir this sequence is never ending actually Smile

Was Saqlain a Fast Bowler ??
He was a spinner
Saad
Saad
Level 24
Level 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Saad Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:56 pm

MY Vote goes to Aus and WI
They have produced many great fast bowlers and producing now also
Saad
Saad
Level 24
Level 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next