Cricket World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has introduction of T20 Cricket affected Test Cricket's presence ?

+16
ND
Rishabh
Kush
DKN
Bat Cool
Vighnesh
Viresh
Sriram
Deep Dey
Raminder
Anurag
Fahad
Parth
Arjun
Nick
Mad max
20 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Has introduction of  T20 Cricket affected Test Cricket's presence ? - Page 4 Empty Has introduction of T20 Cricket affected Test Cricket's presence ?

Post by Mad max Sat 19 May 2012, 12:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Guys Now Team Captains have to post wheather Their Team is For the Topic or Against the Topic

When all teams Captains are done with posting i shall Post "Start Debating"

then you guys can start debating...

I Apologize for being late ....

Thank You

For The Topic:-

The Roaring Warriors

The Hurricanes

The Silent Assasins

The Dynamos

Against The Topic:-

World Dominators

The Shadows

The Cosmos

The Gladiators

Note:-
Guys as per point made by Viresh Mathad,We decided to remove Fm prize for teams who win..because
Teams can easily gain Fm..

Last edited by Sj on Sun 20 May 2012, 11:50 am; edited 7 times in total
Mad max
Mad max
Level 24
Level 24

Back to top Go down

Has introduction of  T20 Cricket affected Test Cricket's presence ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Has introduction of T20 Cricket affected Test Cricket's presence ?

Post by Ravi Wed 23 May 2012, 11:19 am

Viresh wrote::lol: you are copy pasting the posts posted in other forum lol!

:lolita: :lolita:
Ravi
Ravi
Level 20
Level 20

Back to top Go down

Has introduction of  T20 Cricket affected Test Cricket's presence ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Has introduction of T20 Cricket affected Test Cricket's presence ?

Post by Viresh Wed 23 May 2012, 11:22 am

Its true Tongue out
Viresh
Viresh
Level 34
Level 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sriram Wed 23 May 2012, 12:14 pm

Fahad Got Trolled Tongue out
Sriram
Sriram
Level 18
Level 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Parth Wed 23 May 2012, 12:17 pm

Fahad dont copy paste
u should tell ur views about otherwise dont devate
we are not here to cheat
dont do it again
delete ur posts
Parth
Parth
Level 26
Level 26

Administrator
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sriram Wed 23 May 2012, 12:21 pm

Yes,
I Think t20 cricket has affected tests .... Now a days , we cannot find more batsman like past who are
adaptable for the test format. The 20 over format is purely based on
entertaining people nd earning money :O people may like lyk dis format more AS it s playd for oly 3 hrs unlike test matches ...but d true skills , concentration , patience nd having the spirit to fight it out wen d conditions r bad r tested in d longer format Smile This s d reason India ll find it very hard to replace the likes of RAHUL DRAVID , Anil KUMBLE & VVS LAXMAN Smile
This can b avoided oly by encouraging the youngsters by picking them from their ranji performances nd not IPL performances Smile Hope Test Cricket In india can survive Smile
Sriram
Sriram
Level 18
Level 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Parth Fri 25 May 2012, 4:31 pm

result????
Parth
Parth
Level 26
Level 26

Administrator
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saad Fri 25 May 2012, 5:06 pm

Tommorow will be the results
Saad
Saad
Level 24
Level 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Anurag Fri 25 May 2012, 5:21 pm

I don't think T20 cricket has affected Test cricket's presence. What it has done is garner the interest of those who didn't have any interest at all in cricket.

Real cricket fans still enjoy watching test cricket a lot. I skipped IPL matches(except DD ones) to watch England vs West Indies first test Tongue out

As for cricketers, almost every cricketer still believes Test cricket to be the biggest stage and the most important one.

Talking about the new T20 fanatics, they generally look for entertainment. They will find one-sided matches to be boring and last over finishes to be exciting.

On the other hand, real cricket lovers will enjoy all three formats. So I would conclude by saying that this new format has been the most successful one in terms of revenue and entertainment. But, Test Cricket is still the best.
Anurag
Anurag
Level 31
Level 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kush Fri 25 May 2012, 5:59 pm

T20 has not affected test cricket Smile
There are still players like Darren Bravo who prefer tests over T20 and he proved it by playing for windies instead of DC :O
and If you wanna talk about players like Pollard and Narine,they are behind money only :ssh:
If you say them that they will get 1 million $ for playing 3 test matches,they will go to play test cricket :hahaha:
Big T20 hitter like Yuvi himself said once that a cricketer cannot call himself full cricketer till he plays test matches and performs there.

Although,it improved test cricket upto some extent as nowadays 250+ targets are beong chased easily by playing aggresive cricket :Mecool:
Kush
Kush
Level 20
Level 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kush Fri 25 May 2012, 6:10 pm

Viresh wrote:@Umpire ... The posts posted by Fahad are xerox copy of this interview Tongue out Plz look into it Smile

http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/features/interviews/item/48105-why-imran-khan-hates-twenty20-cricket?tmpl=component&print=1
i agree Tongue out
Kush
Kush
Level 20
Level 20

Back to top Go down

Post by MI Fri 25 May 2012, 6:55 pm

NO
MI
MI
Level 31
Level 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sriram Fri 25 May 2012, 11:19 pm

Ankush Nanda wrote:T20 has not affected test cricket Smile
There are still players like Darren Bravo who prefer tests over T20 and he proved it by playing for windies instead of DC Has introduction of  T20 Cricket affected Test Cricket's presence ? - Page 4 2182320263
and If you wanna talk about players like Pollard and Narine,they are behind money only Has introduction of  T20 Cricket affected Test Cricket's presence ? - Page 4 1772533340
If you say them that they will get 1 million $ for playing 3 test matches,they will go to play test cricket Has introduction of  T20 Cricket affected Test Cricket's presence ? - Page 4 3693673351
Big T20 hitter like Yuvi himself said once that a cricketer cannot call himself full cricketer till he plays test matches and performs there.

Although,it improved test cricket upto some extent as nowadays 250+ targets are beong chased easily by playing aggresive cricket Has introduction of  T20 Cricket affected Test Cricket's presence ? - Page 4 4258431296

I Disagree Tongue out
How can u say Narine nd Pollard r behind money ??? They r playng IPL oly
bcos they ve not been picked for tests...Its not as though they opted
themselves out of d test series :O
And If U Really Think Dats d case, Then it means IPL s affecting Tests In wic case u r contradicting ur Own Arguement Tongue out
Sriram
Sriram
Level 18
Level 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Viresh Fri 25 May 2012, 11:53 pm

Introduction of T20 has revolutionised the Cricket World. ICC to make more more more interesting , they kept only one or two T20 matches per series... One match per series can't change the Test Cricket! Test Cricket is to test the player's class and skills.... Most of the teams are not selecting players for test squad based on their T20 stats... T20 is for entertainment.. where as Test is to test the player's skills!! So its completely different... You can't blame T20 if a player who was performing well in Test and later playing T20 , he performs very bad in Test... Take the example of Wasim Jaffer... He performed well during his early career.. Test is popular and will be popular! T20 doesn't affect Test's presence...
Viresh
Viresh
Level 34
Level 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Parth Sat 26 May 2012, 11:45 am

sriram wrote:
There are still players like Darren Bravo who prefer tests over T20 and he proved it by playing for windies instead of DC Has introduction of  T20 Cricket affected Test Cricket's presence ? - Page 4 2182320263
and If you wanna talk about players like Pollard and Narine,they are behind money only Has introduction of  T20 Cricket affected Test Cricket's presence ? - Page 4 1772533340
If you say them that they will get 1 million $ for playing 3 test matches,they will go to play test cricket Has introduction of  T20 Cricket affected Test Cricket's presence ? - Page 4 3693673351

Although,it improved test cricket upto some extent as nowadays 250+ targets are beong chased easily by playing aggresive cricket Has introduction of  T20 Cricket affected Test Cricket's presence ? - Page 4 4258431296

I Disagree Tongue out
themselves out of d test series Has introduction of  T20 Cricket affected Test Cricket's presence ? - Page 4 2182320263
And If U Really Think Dats d case, Then it means IPL s affecting Tests In wic case u r contradicting ur Own Arguement Tongue out

My frnd Sriram
Pollard gets 50 lakhs as yearly salary from WICA and he gets 2-3 crores from MI in one tournament
so what they will do??
Malinga gets 20 lakh in SRI LANKAN team and 2 crore + black money in 1 ipl edition
Parth
Parth
Level 26
Level 26

Administrator
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sriram Sat 26 May 2012, 11:51 am

Ṕd wrote:
sriram wrote:

I Disagree Tongue out
themselves out of d test series Has introduction of  T20 Cricket affected Test Cricket's presence ? - Page 4 2182320263

My frnd Sriram
Pollard gets 50 lakhs as yearly salary from WICA and he gets 2-3 crores from MI in one tournament
so what they will do??
Malinga gets 20 lakh in SRI LANKAN team and 2 crore + black money in 1 ipl edition

Ya Parth Smile U r not gettng ma point... Dats wat i m saying bcos of these Money Hit Rich T20 Leagues , Playrs ll lose interest in playng d longer Version Cricket ... Hence I said T20 has affected it :O To Add to this , Bcci selecting their national team based on IPL performances neglecting the ranji Circuit Does not help either:O
Sriram
Sriram
Level 18
Level 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Parth Sat 26 May 2012, 11:55 am

sriram wrote:
Ṕd wrote:
sriram wrote:

I Disagree Tongue out

My frnd Sriram
so what they will do??

Ya Parth Smile U r not gettng ma point... Dats wat i m saying bcos of these Money Hit Rich T20 Leagues , Playrs ll lose interest in playng d longer Version Cricket ... Hence I said T20 has affected it Has introduction of  T20 Cricket affected Test Cricket's presence ? - Page 4 2182320263 To Add to this , Bcci selecting their national team based on IPL performances neglecting the ranji Circuit Does not help either:O

ya sriram
right , also the one more fault of ipl [t20] is that politics is going on the effective players such as rayadu iqbal abdulla harshit patel etc r not getting chance in BCCI team and only CSK players r getting more chance - raina dhoni jadeja gony murali vijay ashim etc etc etc, Kris Srikanth is only promoting CSK players
Parth
Parth
Level 26
Level 26

Administrator
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kush Sat 26 May 2012, 11:58 am

and i said,if they get 1 crore for playing test matches,they will play it only Smile

I am trying to say that Money has effected Test matches not T20 cricket
Kush
Kush
Level 20
Level 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sriram Sat 26 May 2012, 11:59 am

Ankush Nanda wrote:and i said,if they get 1 crore for playing test matches,they will play it only Smile

T20 cricket = > Money...
Both sounds same !!!
Sriram
Sriram
Level 18
Level 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Anurag Sat 26 May 2012, 12:00 pm

I believe players play in IPL to get picked for their respective national squads. Money is not the top priority.
Anurag
Anurag
Level 31
Level 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Parth Sat 26 May 2012, 12:04 pm

sriram wrote:
Ankush Nanda wrote:and i said,if they get 1 crore for playing test matches,they will play it only Smile

T20 cricket = > Money...
Both sounds same !!!

Sriram = Parth [Same thinking]
Parth
Parth
Level 26
Level 26

Administrator
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kush Sat 26 May 2012, 12:05 pm

sriram wrote:

T20 cricket = > Money...
Both sounds same !!!
In India :
Match fees -
T20 intl. : 2 lac
Test : 7 lac

both don’t sound same Tongue out
Kush
Kush
Level 20
Level 20

Back to top Go down

Post by MI Sat 26 May 2012, 4:06 pm

Who wn ?
MI
MI
Level 31
Level 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sriram Sat 26 May 2012, 4:09 pm

Ankush Nanda wrote:
sriram wrote:

T20 cricket = > Money...
Both sounds same !!!
In India :
Match fees -
T20 intl. : 2 lac
Test : 7 lac

both don’t sound same Tongue out

But Ipl they can earn Crores together :O
Sriram
Sriram
Level 18
Level 18

Back to top Go down

Post by MI Sat 26 May 2012, 4:12 pm

wats this ?
MI
MI
Level 31
Level 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sriram Sat 26 May 2012, 4:14 pm

MI wrote:wats this ?

Debate... Results to b announced tonight Smile
Sriram
Sriram
Level 18
Level 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next