Cricket World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'''''''''''''''''''''BYE :( '''''''''''''''''

5 posters

Go down

'''''''''''''''''''''BYE :( ''''''''''''''''' Empty '''''''''''''''''''''BYE :( '''''''''''''''''

Post by Viresh Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:37 pm

MOHD. YOUSUF RETIRES FROM INITERNATIONAL CRICKET :

Veteran Pakistan national batsman Mohommad Yousuf has announced retirement from International cricket after being dropped from the list of centrally contracted players by the PCB. PCB has recently offered 23 player contracts for second half of the year. Several senior players including Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Kamran Akmal and Danish Kaneria were overlooked.

The axe from contract list comes as a surprise for Yousuf who was neither informed nor selectors gave him a chance to talk about his future plan and fitness. Yousuf last played an ODI match at Sharjah in 2010 against South Africa in which he managed to score only 3 runs.

'''''''''''''''''''''BYE :( ''''''''''''''''' Mohammad-yousuf

Career Stats:
TESTS- 90
Runs- 7530 | HS- 223 | 100's/50's- 24/33 | BAT.AVG: 52.39

ODI- 288
Runs- 9720 | HS- 141* | 100'S/50's- 15/64 | BAT AVG- 41.71

T20I- 23
Runs- 357 | HS- 57* | BAT.AVG- 19.83 | SR: 110.86 | 100's/50's- 0/
Viresh
Viresh
Level 34
Level 34

Back to top Go down

'''''''''''''''''''''BYE :( ''''''''''''''''' Empty Re: '''''''''''''''''''''BYE :( '''''''''''''''''

Post by Viresh Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:39 pm

'''''''''''''''''''''BYE :( ''''''''''''''''' 114043.2

MOYO SAYS BYE BYE :sporty:
Viresh
Viresh
Level 34
Level 34

Back to top Go down

'''''''''''''''''''''BYE :( ''''''''''''''''' Empty Re: '''''''''''''''''''''BYE :( '''''''''''''''''

Post by Viresh Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:43 pm

Former Pakistan captain Mohammad Yousuf has announced his retirement from international cricket, following an indefinite ban imposed by the PCB in the aftermath of a winless tour of Australia. However, Yousuf appears to have kept a window open for return to the international arena, for he repeatedly said the decision to retire was "for now."
"This is my retirement. I have retired from international cricket," Yousuf told reporters in Karachi. "I received a letter from the PCB that my staying in the team is harmful for the team, so I announce my retirement from international cricket." However, when asked if the decision was final, Yousuf said: "For now, this is what I can see, that my playing for Pakistan is damaging. For now, this is it, for now this is my retirement.
"I thank the fans around the world, all the senior players and family members for supporting me throughout my 12-year career. I always played for my country and if my playing is harmful for the team then I don't want to play," he said.
Yousuf had, last week, said he was preparing to retire and that he would make a formal announcement today. He played 88 Tests, nine as captain and scored 7,431 runs at an average of 53.07, including 24 centuries. He also scored 9,624 runs in 282 one-day internationals.
Yousuf was among seven Pakistan players penalised, for various reasons, by the PCB. He and Younis Khan were handed indefinite bans, Shoaib Malik and Rana Naved-ul-Hasan were banned for a year while Shahid Afridi and the Akmal brothers were fined and placed on probation for six months.
The recommendations for punishment were made by an inquiry committee set up by the board after Pakistan were beaten in each of their nine international matches on the tour of Australia. Seven of those losses - three in Tests and four in ODIs - came under the leadership of Yousuf.
In their findings, the board blamed Yousuf and Younis for spreading infighting and indiscipline within the side . He was subsequently not included in the central contracts list for this year.
"Everyone has their own thinking and the disciplinary committee has its own thinking and I haven't understood the reasons for it, or senior players, or the public," Yousuf said. Among the seven penalised players, Afridi has already lodged an appeal against the punishment while Malik and Naved are preparing to do so. Yousuf said he'd "speak to elders" over whether to follow suit. "Retirement I have given but as far as the appeal is concerned I will speak to my elders and if they allow me to, I will appeal," he said.
While he's ruled himself out of international cricket for the time being, Yousuf said he would continue playing first-class and league cricket. '''''''''''''''''''''BYE :( ''''''''''''''''' Ce842bc5b08d5e45ffd688f4b6a3_grande
Viresh
Viresh
Level 34
Level 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Viresh Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:43 pm

'''''''''''''''''''''BYE :( ''''''''''''''''' Pvw_20100330_0803_23390

Waqar Younis wants Mohammad Yousuf to reconsider his retirement decision.[© AFP]

Newly-appointed Pakistan coach Waqar Younis has asked Mohammad Yousuf to reconsider his decision of quitting international cricket and said the former captain still has plenty to offer to the country.

"Yousuf still had lot of cricket left in him and he should review his decision for the sake of Pakistan cricket," Waqar said after the senior batsman announced his retirement.

Yousuf announced his retirement at a press conference in Karachi, saying that he was disheartened by the Pakistan Cricket Board's treatment and also because the board had accused him of being a disruptive influence on the team.

Yousuf's retirement came at a time when the board has imposed an indefinite ban on him on the recommendations of a inquiry committee that looked into reports of infighting on the recent tour of Australia.

Yousuf also refused allegations that he had problems with another former captain Younus Khan.

"If I had problems with Younus I would never have called him to Australia. I never had any fight with Younus, we both supplemented each other on the tour of Australia so there was no reason for fighting," added Yousuf, who made his debut against South Africa at Durban in 1998.

Asked if he could reconsider his decision, Yousuf said, "At the moment my playing in the team is harmful so I am quitting.

"Now I will have more time to focus on my religious duties."

Waqar earlier told reporters in Lahore before assuming charge of the national team that he hoped to restore the confidence and morale of the team ahead of next month's Twenty20 World Cup in the West Indies.

"My top priority now is to ensure we put up a good show in the World Cup and can defend our title, my job is to motivate and lift the players to give their best after the recent problems in Pakistan cricket," he said.

The former captain said he had a lot of faith in the players whom he knew very well, having worked with them before.

Waqar was the bowling and fielding coach on the recent tour to Australia where Pakistan was swamped in the Test as well as ODI series.

Waqar, who has 373 wickets in 87 Tests and 416 in 262 ODIs, backed the appointment of Shahid Afridi as captain and said he the all-rounder has the fire to revive the team.

"He is a player with a positive frame of mind and someone who is leading from the front. We need a captain like that at this stage," he said.

"I am confident we can work well as a team because the end target for both of us is to revive this team and make it play to its potential," he added.

Waqar said during the three-week long World Cup preparatory camp which started here today, he would be laying emphasis on fielding.

"Fielding is very important in any form of the game and we need to be sharp and focused all the time. Our fielding needs to consistently match the standards of other leading teams," he said.

Waqar asks Yousuf to reconsider retirement
Viresh
Viresh
Level 34
Level 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad max Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:41 pm

lol Yusuf Retires..!
WAqar wants back..!
this is really AMAZED me
Strange Decision by YOusuf
i think
he should really
reconsider it
Mad max
Mad max
Level 24
Level 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad max Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:42 pm

I think he should play for 2 or more odd years
Mad max
Mad max
Level 24
Level 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Viresh Mon 15 Aug 2011, 3:00 pm

i dont knw wats wrong with these guys
sachin can play for more years with lots of injury

y cant these people play?
Viresh
Viresh
Level 34
Level 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Viresh Mon 15 Aug 2011, 3:03 pm

Code:
Former Pakistan captain Mohammad Yousuf has announced his retirement from international cricket, following an indefinite ban imposed by the PCB in the aftermath of a winless tour of Australia. However, Yousuf appears to have kept a window open for return to the international arena, for he repeatedly said the decision to retire was "for now."

THE REASON IS THESE I GUESS
Viresh
Viresh
Level 34
Level 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad max Mon 15 Aug 2011, 3:07 pm

Hmm Yeah..!
hope he comes back
Mad max
Mad max
Level 24
Level 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad max Mon 15 Aug 2011, 3:08 pm

ALL THE YOUNG AND EVEN SENIOR PLAYERS EACH AND EVERY CRICKETER SHOULD TAKE SACHIN AS INSPIRATION
they should
learn from him
many things
how to play for many years
and even some shots
Mad max
Mad max
Level 24
Level 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Viresh Mon 15 Aug 2011, 3:21 pm

even how to become out in 90s Tongue out
Viresh
Viresh
Level 34
Level 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad max Mon 15 Aug 2011, 3:28 pm

Hhaha
lol
and even how to Score More runs with the Partner
and how to Run Quick between the WICKETs at 38 age
Mad max
Mad max
Level 24
Level 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Aqi Wed 17 Aug 2011, 1:55 pm

but it was a good decision coz pakistan team is in so much controversies now
Aqi
Aqi
Level 32
Level 32

Administrator
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Naqi Gates Wed 17 Aug 2011, 2:01 pm

Yusuf Is A Great Batsmen
Naqi Gates
Naqi Gates
Level 21
Level 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Al-amin Wed 17 Aug 2011, 2:03 pm

A great player he was!!
Al-amin
Al-amin
Level 13
Level 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum