Cricket World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worse start to 2013

+11
Kush
sV
Deep Dey
Anurag
Nishchal
Johny S Raj
MI
Mr. PD
Rishabh
Vighnesh
Chris Nash
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Worse start to 2013 - Page 3 Empty Worse start to 2013

Post by Chris Nash Sat 29 Dec 2012, 1:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Michael Hussey to retire from international cricket

Worse start to 2013 - Page 3 376759_4208265680339_127618628_n

Michael Hussey has decided to retire from international cricket at the end of the summer in Australia. The Sydney Test against Sri Lanka, which begins on January 3, will be his 79th and last Test but he will play the limited-overs games against Sri Lanka and West Indies. Hussey will play for Warriors and Perth Scorchers as well and will review his availability for the domestic sides at the end of the season.

"I was quite excited to tell them [his family] this morning that I'm not going to go away and play for Australia anymore. They were happy but not as excited as I thought they were going to be, so it was a bit of a shock," Hussey told Channel Nine. "One thing about playing for Australia is, it's always a lot of stress and a lot of pressure to perform and I feel like I'll come into this Test match [Sydney] with no pressure whatsoever, just go out there and enjoy it.

"It will be nice to sit back when it's finished and really reminisce over some fantastic memories and some great wins for Australia."

Hussey's sudden retirement means Australia have lost two of their most experienced batsmen this summer, following Ricky Ponting's exit after the Perth Test against South Africa. The development will lead to a significant reshaping of Australia's middle order ahead of a tour to India and back-to-back Ashes.

"Michael has had a fine career - he has been a great player, a great team player and has always been a great person, on and off the field," CA chairman Wally Edwards said. "To debut as a Test cricketer at 30 and to go on and achieve what he has done has been absolutely terrific."

CA chief executive James Sutherland said: "Affectionately known as "Mr Cricket", he has always been thoroughly committed to meticulous preparation and the highest levels of physical fitness which have in turn delivered consistent performances in all forms of the game.

"An incredibly reliable player and leader within the Australian cricket team, Michael will retire from Test cricket with a record that puts him amongst the very best Australian batsmen of all time. Beyond his contributions to team success, he will be remembered for the way he has carried himself on and off the field - and in doing so he has won the respect and admiration of players, officials and fans all around the world."

Last edited by Chris Nash on Sat 29 Dec 2012, 1:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Chris Nash
Chris Nash
Level 5
Level 5

Back to top Go down

Worse start to 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: Worse start to 2013

Post by Rishabh Sun 30 Dec 2012, 1:43 pm

I wish Hussey would have played till Ashes. :fail:
Rishabh
Rishabh
Level 36
Level 36

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Sun 06 Jan 2013, 2:44 pm

Today were Australian crowd were chanting for an Australian wicket indirectly to see Hussey bat for last time when Australia crossed 90 runs while chasing 141.

Starting somewhere near the Bill O'Reilly Stand but quickly swelling to include most of the 10,505 in attendance, the call of "Hussey … Hussey … Hussey" reverberated around the SCG.

Hussey after wining the Match :
"What a place to finish. The SCG's probably in my top three favourite grounds in the whole world. The crowd support and support in general has been a bit overwhelming really. I've been a little bit embarrassed by it to be honest. But in a way I'm quite relieved that it's over now. The stress, the pressure, I can just relax away from that now and I don't have that sick feeling in my stomach before every game or before I bat.

"I think it would be hard in a lot of ways to go around and get that in every one day game. I've had a great opportunity here. It couldn't have ended any better. I feel very proud to have been able to wear the baggy green cap. I've achieved a lot more in my career than I ever dreamed I could, so I feel very fortunate. The game has given me so much."
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Sun 06 Jan 2013, 2:46 pm

Hussey on why he forced Johnson to take the winning single:

"I was was telling Mitch the over before, if it comes up that you hit it, let's just get it over with," Hussey said. "I was hoping we could make the runs none down, then I was hoping that Pup and Ed were going to be there at tea, because the crowd were starting to get a bit vocal and I was going to make sure they finished the job as well. I was more than happy just to be out there when the winning run was hit, it was a dream come true."
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Sun 06 Jan 2013, 3:04 pm

****THE 8TH CUSTODIAN*****
The Australian Team Song which they sing after every victory:
Under the Southern Cross I Stand
A sprig of wattle in my hand,
A native of my native land,
Australia you little beauty
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The authorship of this "Under the Southern Cross I Stand" is credited to former wicketkeeper Rod Marsh, who was apparently inspired by Henry Lawson's 1887 poem, "Flag of the Southern Cross". Marsh initially had the role of leading the team in singing it, and on his retirement he passed it on to Allan Border.

The Australian team song has a storied history, and to date, has had seven custodians:
Rod Marsh
Allan Border
Ian Healey
Ricky Ponting
Justin Langer
Michael Hussey

The 8th Custodian to take over the Honour is NATHAN MICHAEL LYON
---------------------------------------------------------
Hussey had intended to tell the team his choice of the man to lead their victory song "Under the Southern Cross" in the privacy of the dressing room. But with so many watching in the ground, he allowed them to know that he had chosen Nathan Lyon in front 10505 SCG crowd while having a interview with mark Nicholas.

"I picked Nathan because I think he's a man of great character," Hussey said. "I think he plays the game for the right reasons, I think he understands and respects the fabric of the baggy green cap, and that's what I want to come through from him when he leads the team songs in the future. Not to say the other guys don't, but I think he's a man of great character and the people before me have had great character, so I want to look for those sorts of traits in the next song master."

Worse start to 2013 - Page 3 73299_462672763793834_6482310_n
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by sV Sun 06 Jan 2013, 3:52 pm

Big loss for the game Sad
sV
sV
Level 48
Level 48

Administrator
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kush Sun 06 Jan 2013, 4:24 pm

I heard Australia din’t picked him for ODI’s T Lol
Is this true? :fail:
Kush
Kush
Level 20
Level 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Sun 06 Jan 2013, 7:45 pm

Ankush wrote:I heard Australia din’t picked him for ODI’s T Lol
Is this true? :fail:

yes he is not picked for odis as they want to hughes,khawaja chance before india tour
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Deep Dey Sun 06 Jan 2013, 8:00 pm

Stats of Mike Hussey
Deep Dey
Deep Dey
Level 47
Level 47

Back to top Go down

Worse start to 2013 - Page 3 Empty Dhoni Speaking about Yuvraj During his Book Launch

Post by Saad Rizwan Thu 21 Mar 2013, 2:51 pm

Worse start to 2013 - Page 3 228275_346021308850380_1672018832_n

Dhoni Speaking about Yuvraj During his Book Launch ♥

On a serious note, Dhoni said that he knew about Yuvraj's situation even before he told him about it.

"When his test reports came, someone told me he has cancer. I just said 'ARE YOU SURE?'. The person repeated that Yuvraj has cancer. I was shocked," said Dhoni.

Recalling India's World Cup triumph in 2011, Yuvraj said,
"Dhoni does not talk too much while batting. But when he got out against Australia in the Quarter finals, while going back he said 'SHABAASH YUVI! JITA KE AANA'."

On a lighter vein, Dhoni remembered how Yuvraj greeted him in the Indian team back in 2004-05.

"Arey bhai kya chal raha hai, sirf chhakke maarne se kuch nahi hota, match jitaane se jyada appreciation milta hai," he said.

"First I used to refer to him as 'AAP' and from then it came downto 'TUM' and now it is 'TU'," Dhoni said.

True Friendship never Ends :')
Saad Rizwan
Saad Rizwan
Level 11
Level 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahad Thu 21 Mar 2013, 2:52 pm

Good Job
Fahad
Fahad
Level 31