Cricket World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WISHING A "HAPPY ONAM" TO ALL MY FRIENDS HERE!

+4
Ishaq
Viresh
bchattopadhyay
Nick
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WISHING A "HAPPY ONAM" TO ALL MY FRIENDS HERE! Empty WISHING A "HAPPY ONAM" TO ALL MY FRIENDS HERE!

Post by Nick Wed 07 Sep 2011, 8:52 pm

WISHING A "HAPPY ONAM" TO ALL MY FRIENDS HERE! 1555483333 Onam is one of the most significant harvest festivals of Kerala and is an attraction for thousands of people outside and within the state. All the activities during this season are centered on worshipping, music, dance, sports, boat races and good food. This festival is celebrated in theMalayalam month Chingam (ending of August and beginning of September). Onam is a harvest festival and celebrates the reward of nature after a year of hard work. Themerry making of the festival includesan elaborate procession of Trichur and amusing boat races on River Pampa. Women dress up
in heavy jewelry and new saris and make complx and detailed designs of“rangolis” and “pookkalam”(with flowers) in front of their homes.
Onam is celebrated in the memory ofKing Mahabali. It was said that King Mahabali ruled Kerala a long time ago and looked after the welfare of the people. Thus Onam shows the blissful rule of the King and the freedom, which the people enjoyed under his rule. The people also believe that during Onam, the King returns to Kerala to pay a visit to his people.
The people in Kerala arrange for this festival by cleaning up their houses and decorating them. On the occasion of Onam, everybody in the family wears new clothes. Delicious sweets and dishes are prepared and served on the banana leaves. “Pookalam” a flower mat is visible outside every house. This mat is a symbol of welcoming King Mahabali. On the eve of Onam, traditional rituals are performed and the people celebrate the occasion with a grand feast. “Payasam” a sweet and tempting porridge is one of the favorite dessert served on the eve of Onam.
“Vallamkali” or a great boat race is an attractive feature of this festival. In this game hundreds of men row the boats to the beat of drums and cymbals. An interesting thing to noteis that above each boat there is a scarlet silk umbrella and gold coins are hung from the umbrella. This event is extremely popular with various boats competing with each other in order to win the race.
Onam is celebrated not only by Hindus but also by Christians and Muslims. It is one such festival that unites all the people regardless of race and religion.
Nick
Nick
Level 33
Level 33

Back to top Go down

WISHING A "HAPPY ONAM" TO ALL MY FRIENDS HERE! Empty Re: WISHING A "HAPPY ONAM" TO ALL MY FRIENDS HERE!

Post by bchattopadhyay Wed 07 Sep 2011, 9:16 pm

oh man bein in bangalore i am quite aquainted with this festival...grt one for the state of kerala...
well happy onam to all members from kerala..Smile
bchattopadhyay
bchattopadhyay
Level 23
Level 23

Back to top Go down

WISHING A "HAPPY ONAM" TO ALL MY FRIENDS HERE! Empty Re: WISHING A "HAPPY ONAM" TO ALL MY FRIENDS HERE!

Post by Viresh Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:03 pm

HAPPY ONAM NIKHIL
Viresh
Viresh
Level 34
Level 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishaq Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:14 pm

Happy ONAM 2 NIKHIL & ARJUN & Any odr member frm KERALA
Ishaq
Ishaq
Level 23
Level 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:18 pm

Happy Onam To all Friends.
Nick
Nick
Level 33
Level 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishaq Thu 08 Sep 2011, 1:09 am

Tanx Nikhil though i am nt celebrating...
Ishaq
Ishaq
Level 23
Level 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Thu 08 Sep 2011, 1:17 am

@baptu:anyway banglore is near to Kerala....so lets enjoy it.
Nick
Nick
Level 33
Level 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishaq Thu 08 Sep 2011, 2:20 am

so wht plans 4 dat day?
Ishaq
Ishaq
Level 23
Level 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Fardin Kibria Thu 08 Sep 2011, 5:31 am

HAPPY ONAM NIKHIL AND ARJUN
Fardin Kibria
Fardin Kibria
Level 31
Level 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Naqi Gates Thu 08 Sep 2011, 5:25 pm

Happy Onam To All Friends
Naqi Gates
Naqi Gates
Level 21
Level 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishaq Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

NAqi what s ur special festival in pakistan odr than EID?
Ishaq
Ishaq
Level 23
Level 23

Back to top Go down

Post by yash kashikar Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:47 pm

Happy onam to all the members from kerela !!!
yash kashikar
yash kashikar
Level 6
Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:49 pm

If anybody can ,pls upload a pix of ONAM.
Nick
Nick
Level 33
Level 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:50 pm

Happy Onam Yash.
Nick
Nick
Level 33
Level 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:52 pm

Onam starts in kerala frm today to Sunday...Tommorow Is The Main Day Relatd to Onam..
Nick
Nick
Level 33
Level 33

Back to top Go down

Post by yash kashikar Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:53 pm

same 2 u...wat is u r real name ??? Virumanic
yash kashikar
yash kashikar
Level 6
Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:55 pm

So, YELLARKUM YENTE NANMA NIRANJA ONAM AASHAMSAKAL(ITS MALAYALAM LANGUAGE) Smile Smile
Nick
Nick
Level 33
Level 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad max Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:55 pm

Hapy Onam to all my friends
WISHING A "HAPPY ONAM" TO ALL MY FRIENDS HERE! Onam+latest1

heres this for Nikhil
Mad max
Mad max
Level 24
Level 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:56 pm

Thx bro..thankx a lot..hapy onam Sai.
Nick
Nick
Level 33
Level 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:58 pm

@yash:my name is James.my Friendz cal me Bond.Iam James Bond! Smile Smile
Nick
Nick
Level 33
Level 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:59 pm

Yash:jst for Joke.My Name is Nikhil George..
Nick
Nick
Level 33
Level 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishaq Thu 08 Sep 2011, 9:27 pm

VIRU BOND
Ishaq
Ishaq
Level 23
Level 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Fri 09 Sep 2011, 1:14 am

@ishq: Farhan's Akthar.haha. remembring Tis... Smile Smile
Nick
Nick
Level 33
Level 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishaq Fri 09 Sep 2011, 1:29 am

ya farhan akthar n viru bond
Ishaq
Ishaq
Level 23
Level 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Fri 09 Sep 2011, 1:36 am

Nt farhan akhthar.i mean farhan's akthar..nw got it.
Nick
Nick
Level 33
Level 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next