Cricket World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Understand the Test Format of CWSim

+6
Yash Bhavsar
Haseeh
Raminder
Aqi
Bat Cool
Rishabh
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Understand the Test Format of CWSim - Page 2 Empty Understand the Test Format of CWSim

Post by Rishabh Sat 13 May 2017, 10:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Understand the Test Format of CWSim - Page 2 India-tour-m

Test Cricket is considered to be one of the best format in Cricket even after the introduction of ODI/T20 Format. It puts the players through a toiling battle, tests their mettle, talent and fighting spirit to the very extreme. There is no easy way out. Players have to fight it out with every ounce of what they have till the sun sets. The longer format tests a player’s grit, attitude, and level of preparedness for the highest level. This is what separates Men from Boys.

Understand the Test Format of CWSim - Page 2 Image_20131013125206

Now from past many days, I am seeing people bashing about how this format is working here. Everyday I have to tackle these type of messages on Facebook and Forum and thus, its important for you guys to understand this and most importantly accept it because we are not removing it and most importantly no changes will be happening soon unless *surprise* Bitch Please

Understand the Test Format of CWSim - Page 2 3
Few years ago when we were working on CWSim, adding Test Format was our priority but implementing this on software is different. After lots of discussion between Admin Panel of that time, we decided to make it 100 over format with 2 innings. Now this is the crucial part.

As in real life, seeing 300+ score in ODI is not a big thing these days, we wanted to keep the RR high because its only 100 overs. You can't compare this with real life Test Format as they have unlimited overs to bat. So the main aim was to go for more runs because we wanted batsmen to achieve those scores which is not possible in ODs and also people will enjoy more of run updates instead of no runs in the middle phase which makes it dull during our hosting. That was our plan 4 years ago.

Understand the Test Format of CWSim - Page 2 Skysports-steven-finn-steve-england-bangladesh-test-cricket-dhaka_3818795
Now the big question which everyone is asking is about bowling struggles. Logically I feel this is where you can compare it with real life because many times team play very long innings and thus wickets fall at less amount. As we gave preference more to batting, bowling department is somewhere we might have compromised but this is something which you can't ignore during the match because good bowlers will definitely save your match at some point.

For example when AlfaStars were cruising to win the 1st Test Match of Chappell-Hadlee Test Series, its the strong death bowling from Knight Hawks which saved their match and thus match ended in draw. This shows that even if they are taking less wickets, they are still playing a key role in deciding the match.

Understand the Test Format of CWSim - Page 2 Afd88a5fb138337bcff855a31650d6b2

Take another example of Hurricanes vs. Roaring Warriors where Roaring Warriors were successful in restricting them in first innings which gave them perfect platform to perform and win the match. I am not saying that the probability of this happening is low because I know it will happen many times just like old days. 

Understand the Test Format of CWSim - Page 2 Steve-okeefe_reuters-m

What I am trying to say is even if there are many cases when batting teams are smashing, bowling will always play a vital role in deciding the match for you and trust me it will happen in many cases. You have seen only 4 matches of Test Format. Why judging so quickly when back in those days you loved this format. Give it some time. AS vs. KH just showed the tension and craziness of this format if you stop finding issues with sim or batting power.  

Understand the Test Format of CWSim - Page 2 Strauss-bellx2
In the end I can just say that enjoy the batting pleasure of this format and don't compare it with real Test Format or you will stay disappointed forever. We can't do changes in Sim currently unless sV returns and start working on this again. Thus for now, its great for you and everyone to enjoy what currently sim is providing right now.

Peace!

FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT PART

Understand the Test Format of CWSim - Page 2 M_Id_404300_India
Everyone who are saying that bowling has been so horrible in Test Format after just 4 matches are the same people who were bashing sV for Team Batting first winning matches in T20 format few months ago. Guess what happened after that?

Calm Down!

Last edited by Rishabh on Sat 13 May 2017, 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rishabh
Rishabh
Level 36
Level 36

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Understand the Test Format of CWSim - Page 2 Empty Re: Understand the Test Format of CWSim

Post by Akash Dharmaraja Sun 14 May 2017, 12:21 am

Comeon Rish 
Test match should be played like test match 
It has some value and not all of them having over 100sr 
:3 :3 Hawks will Play this Series :3 :3
Akash Dharmaraja
Akash Dharmaraja
Level 14
Level 14

Back to top Go down

Understand the Test Format of CWSim - Page 2 Empty Re: Understand the Test Format of CWSim

Post by ND Sun 14 May 2017, 7:50 am

Whatever but these 100 overs matches s***
We better remove tests :/
ND
ND
Level 24
Level 24

Back to top Go down

Post by MI Sun 14 May 2017, 5:46 pm

Fair enough .............
MI
MI
Level 31
Level 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Yash Bhavsar Sun 14 May 2017, 5:52 pm

Why don't you just create a poll? 
To know how much r in favour?
Yash Bhavsar
Yash Bhavsar
Level 17
Level 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseeh Sun 14 May 2017, 6:54 pm

Yash Bhavsar wrote:I think u should enjoy what it comes.. Y can't u enjoy batting?
u used to watch batting of ur fav only ?
Haseeh
Level 30
Level 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Parth Mon 15 May 2017, 11:37 am

Too much arguments on
Parth
Parth
Level 26
Level 26

Administrator
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2