Cricket World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contract states that Pune, Gujarat will go out next year: Bansal

4 posters

Go down

Contract states that Pune, Gujarat will go out next year: Bansal Empty Contract states that Pune, Gujarat will go out next year: Bansal

Post by Yash Bhavsar Wed 03 May 2017, 8:29 pm

Contract states that Pune, Gujarat will go out next year: Bansal Prv_1493808394

IPL's newest teams Gujarat Lions and Rising Pune Supergiant will make way for the two suspended teams Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals for next year's edition. Earlier there were rumours about ten teams playing in the tournament from next season following the impending return of Super Kings and Royals, who were suspended for two years, but Lions owner Keshav Bansal confirmed that nothing has changed until now.
"As we speak today, the contract states that the two new teams Pune and Gujarat will go out, so that's the fact of the matter," Bansal told Cricbuzz on Wednesday (May 3). "When we bought the team, it was very clear that we will be buying it only for two years and after two years, these two teams will go out and the other two will come back, so that's the way it is."
Bansal did admit that if given an option, his team would love to continue its association with the IPL. "For sure, the intention is there," he said. "When we bought the team it was a different scenario, today it's a different scenario, I'm quite attached to IPL personally and professionally both so I think the economics and all the other factors should be feasible, so given a chance we would love to (continue)," he added.
With the RM Lodha Panel deciding to suspend Super Kings and Royals due to their involvement in the 2013 spot-fixing saga, five bidders attempted to bid for the ownership rights of the two new teams. While the New Rising consortium chose Pune as their home, mobile phone manufacturer Intex became the owner of the other franchise and based their home in Rajkot.
Ahead of the player auction, the new franchises took part in a player draft to pick five players each from a pool that consisted of players from Royals and Super Kings. While Supergiant finished second from bottom in their debut season with just five wins, the Lions had a memorable outing and finished the group stage at the top of the table. They couldn't make it to the final though after losing to Royal Challengers Bangalore and Sunrisers Hyderabad in the playoffs.
Yash Bhavsar
Yash Bhavsar
Level 17
Level 17

Back to top Go down

Contract states that Pune, Gujarat will go out next year: Bansal Empty Re: Contract states that Pune, Gujarat will go out next year: Bansal

Post by Yash Bhavsar Wed 03 May 2017, 8:30 pm

Wtf pune and Gujarat gone? 
Will really miss
Yash Bhavsar
Yash Bhavsar
Level 17
Level 17

Back to top Go down

Contract states that Pune, Gujarat will go out next year: Bansal Empty Re: Contract states that Pune, Gujarat will go out next year: Bansal

Post by Vighnesh Wed 03 May 2017, 9:31 pm

BYE BYE RPSG and GL
Vighnesh
Vighnesh
Level 35
Level 35

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Parth Wed 03 May 2017, 9:32 pm

will miss GL

RPS not so much
Parth
Parth
Level 26
Level 26

Administrator
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vighnesh Wed 03 May 2017, 9:33 pm

i want the original teams back
Vighnesh
Vighnesh
Level 35
Level 35

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Parth Wed 03 May 2017, 9:33 pm

Vighnesh wrote:i want the original teams back
i guess all players will go in pool now
Parth
Parth
Level 26
Level 26

Administrator
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yash Bhavsar Wed 03 May 2017, 9:43 pm

Parth wrote:
Vighnesh wrote:i want the original teams back
i guess all players will go in pool now
Yea there will be mega auction next year
Yash Bhavsar
Yash Bhavsar
Level 17
Level 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Aqi Wed 03 May 2017, 9:46 pm

CSK and RR back good news Happy
Aqi
Aqi
Level 32
Level 32

Administrator
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vighnesh Wed 03 May 2017, 9:48 pm

no team can retain players i guess
Vighnesh
Vighnesh
Level 35
Level 35

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Parth Wed 03 May 2017, 10:06 pm

Vighnesh wrote:no team can retain players i guess
may be they will be allowed to retain one or two

and csk and rr will be asked to take one or two from pool
Parth
Parth
Level 26
Level 26

Administrator
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yash Bhavsar Wed 03 May 2017, 10:07 pm

No.. no players will be retained
Yash Bhavsar
Yash Bhavsar
Level 17
Level 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Yash Bhavsar Wed 03 May 2017, 10:08 pm

It will be very fun but.. 
What if VK goes in punjab
And Gambhir comes in Mumbai 
And dhoni in Rajasthan 
cheers
Yash Bhavsar
Yash Bhavsar
Level 17
Level 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Parth Wed 03 May 2017, 10:11 pm

Yash Bhavsar wrote:It will be very fun but.. 
What if VK goes in punjab
And Gambhir comes in Mumbai 
And dhoni in Rajasthan 
cheers
No this wont happen

at least 1 player will be retained
Parth
Parth
Level 26
Level 26

Administrator
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aqi Wed 03 May 2017, 10:12 pm

I want warner, rashid and fizz back in SRH :3
Aqi
Aqi
Level 32
Level 32

Administrator
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Parth Wed 03 May 2017, 10:14 pm

Aqi wrote:I want warner, rashid and fizz back in SRH :3
I cant imagine MI without Malinga
Parth
Parth
Level 26
Level 26

Administrator
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yash Bhavsar Wed 03 May 2017, 10:30 pm

SRH will go for Rohit I think
Yash Bhavsar
Yash Bhavsar
Level 17
Level 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down